• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boots that FINALLY FIT!

rangergrrl

Certified Ski Diva
Alright as some of you may remember I've been a long time sufferer of small feet and HUGE calves. All of you have been very helpful with tips and info and the way to weed out the inept bootfitters. Well finally GOOD NEWS. I've spent the better part of 2 yrs and even considered paying BIG BIG bucks for a boot mold toe to top. As a last ditch effort I was in the Twin Cities visiting a master bootfitter who shall remain nameless. He told me that there was not a single boot manufacturer that he could modify to fit my leg and perhaps I should lose weight or take up snowboarding. Mortified as this happened in front of other clients I left the shop. I was upset and not paying attention and got lost. I had to turn around in a parking lot to go the other way...when what do I see? A little place called Tonka Ski and Cycle. I figured what the heck I've already been told NO a million times and just humiliated how much worse can it get? To my surprise the owner of the shop took one look at me and knew my problem. Long Long story short I have found a quality bootfitter who would not give up on finding the perfect fit for me! I am now happy, balanced, and comfortable in my NEW SKI BOOTS! :thumbsup:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
That first bootfitter should be horsewhipped!!!! What an obnoxious, ignorant, and tactless thing to say!

So do tell -- what boots did you end up with?

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Horsewhipping sounds too good!

But really, rangergrrl, which boots did you get? I have the same problem - razor thin feet and calves like a linebacker. I'm dying to know what you found.

AQ

rangergrrl

Certified Ski Diva
Woops forgot to post the boots

After trying on dozens and dozens of boots and standing and walking in each pair for 15-30 min...We narrowed it down to 2. The Tecnica Attiva M12 Ultrafit and the Attiva V70 Ultrafit. He called his Tecnica rep and told them his plans to mod the boot and they said go ahead do BOTH, they'd reimburse him for the one that didn't work or I didn't like! (thanks Tecnica!) After the mods were done it became clear that the rapid access hinged gate on the V70 was going to be a no go. So...its the Attiva M12. I had 3 LOOONG sessions of fits where he would make tweaks before he let me ski in them. I went back this last week for some forward lean and cant adjustment and they are dialed in to sweetness now. I spent 8 hrs in them with very little discomfort. The best part...the boots cost me...$259 on sale and all the fitting was complimentary.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, awesome, Rangergrrl! :thumbsup:

And seriously, :eek: and :mad2: to that first bootfitter! That's a GREAT way to do business right there. :rolleyes:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What a fabulous fitter you found!!! Sometimes things go wrong just to point you in the right direction. Just think, if he hadn't been so rude you wouldn't have gotten upset, wouldnt' have gotten lost and wouldn't have ended up seeing the Tonka sign. :D And kudos to Tecnica for being willing to eat the cost for a great fitter! Now, go out and make some turns in your fabulous new boots!

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That first bootfitter should be horsewhipped!!!! What an obnoxious, ignorant, and tactless thing to say!

no kidding. Any time you want to tell us who he is, we will enact some vigilante justice in your honor! :eyebrows: And buy our boots elsewhere!

BTW, I'm thrilled that you got boots that fit AND at a killer price!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga