• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot Problem

NannyMin

Banned
Much to my dismay, I have to admit that it is time for me to get new boots. Now that I know much more about boot fitting I realize that my boots were too big. They are packed out to the point that it is becoming glaringly obvious.

So, I asked around to find out where to go in Montana and set off to buy boots. Well, when I suggested doing a shell fitting the salesman said "well, if you really want to". So, I promptly left.

Now, I'm not sure what to do. I really would like to get this resolved before Aspen ESA. My choices are to buy back east where I do know of a great bootfitter (thanks QQ!) or fly into Colorado earlier than I planned for ESA and purchase there and then attend the ESA Boot Camp and get them all dialed in. What would you suggest?

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm ecstatic with my Surefoot boots and you could do those in Colorado or visit Outdoor Divas in Denver who also do great fittings, but not custom.

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Much to my dismay, I have to admit that it is time for me to get new boots. Now that I know much more about boot fitting I realize that my boots were too big. They are packed out to the point that it is becoming glaringly obvious.

So, I asked around to find out where to go in Montana and set off to buy boots. Well, when I suggested doing a shell fitting the salesman said "well, if you really want to". So, I promptly left.

Now, I'm not sure what to do. I really would like to get this resolved before Aspen ESA. My choices are to buy back east where I do know of a great bootfitter (thanks QQ!) or fly into Colorado earlier than I planned for ESA and purchase there and then attend the ESA Boot Camp and get them all dialed in. What would you suggest?

Both are good choices. But, If you are going to fly in early, maybe you could make an appt. w/ 1 of the guys - Eric Ward - from the boot camp for Saturday. That way you can ski Sunday ! .... I was considering the boot camp. But since Bud Heishman, 1/2 of the boot camp experts is 2 hrs away from me, I took care of that already. There are several highly regarded experts there in Aspen, not only Eric Ward. But then, if you can get them dialed in & skied on before Aspen, you should be good to go. Plus as I understood it, can double check, they will be offering some on slope eval & services during ESA too(if you already have boots).

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And , Kudo's to you for walking out for the lack of a proper shell fitting !!!!!!
So I see it as 2 good choices, a great bootfitter back East, or one of several good/great boot fitters in Aspen/Snowmass on Saturday before ESA ?

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Outdoor Divas will do custom liners. If you have time to spend in Denver that's the place to go.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Outdoor Divas will do custom liners. If you have time to spend in Denver that's the place to go.
They never mentioned full custom liners to me, only moldable foot beds so just make sure you're on the same page as them if you're thinking about doing that.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As Intheclouds said, the guys who are doing the bootcamp are excellent, and will likely be skiing with you during esa. You may benefit from that aspect of it and get some extra attention.
Other suggestions are fine too. My bet is on the guys doing the boot camp.
If you haven't already, you may post in the boot guy forum on epic and see if they recommend you do a shell fit or buy boots before going or just get them there.

Again, Eric and Bud are top notch!!

IntheClouds

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know Bud will have equipment to make adjustments, aligning, balancing etc. at the boot camp. But I doubt he'll have boots. You'd need to speak w/Eric Ward in advance or pm him on epic "MOSH" ? to see what he has for boot stock etc, or if he has some recommendations for you. Depends on what your schedule is going to be for the next few weeks & where you'll be in relation to the experts you've been recommended. I personally would try to square away the boots before going. It takes time. Lots of it.

robynb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you're going to be in Stowe, I've had great success with Inner Boot Works. Ben Wax fitted me and I couldn't be happier. I've been trying to make my last pair of boots fit the past 5 years and finally broke down and bought both the boots and liners. Didn't have a lot of success with SureFoot myself but I know a lot of others who have.

NannyMin

Banned
I think I'm in love...

Is it possible to love ski boots??? I think I do... without futher ado here's my story!

After emailing back and forth with both Eric & Bud I decided to purchase boots in Stowe and then have if I need any adjustments done they will help me during ESA Aspen.

So, this morning I skied for a couple of hours using my old boots and then headed over to Inner Bootworks to meet with Benny Wax. Both Benny & Jamie helped me out and they were both phenomenal. The initial problem we (or rather they :loco: ) discovered I was in a boot not one, but, TWO sizes too big! On top of that I was in a high volume boot (Technica Attiva V8) and I have a low volume foot! So, after trying a few different Lange & Salomon styles. I settled on the Lange Freeride 110 and I love them. Benny did a few adjustments for me and they fit like a glove! One great thing was that both Benny and Jamie said my custom footbeds were top quality. So, at least I didn't have to replace those! :thumbsup: A buddy of mine videoed me skiing this morning in my old boots and then this afternoon in my new ones and there is a huge difference in my skiing! :yahoo:

As a bonus, I just picked up my new Blizzard Titan EOS' with Marker Duke bindings and I get to try them out tomorrow. I'm so excited...

Have fun up at Stowe with your new equipment tomorrow! Benny fit me for boots this summer with custom footbeds and they are working out fabulously for me! He fit both of my daughters too with great success. :D

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Another happy ending! :thumbsup:

robynb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, after trying a few different Lange & Salomon styles. I settled on the Lange Freeride 110 and I love them. Benny did a few adjustments for me and they fit like a glove! One great thing was that both Benny and Jamie said my custom footbeds were top quality. So, at least I didn't have to replace those! :thumbsup: A buddy of mine videoed me skiing this morning in my old boots and then this afternoon in my new ones and there is a huge difference in my skiing! :yahoo:

Yeah!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga