• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot Fitter - Bethlehem PA Area

mtbmom

Diva in Training
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Ski Diva and this is my first post. I am looking for new boots - unless y'all think I can wear my "new" boots that have been sitting for ~9 years...

Anyway, I haven't skiied for years, but my daughter is 7 now and wants to learn and I really miss it. So... I want to get some boots. I don't mind renting skis, but don't want to rent boots...

So, can anyone recommend a good boot fitter in my area?

TIA!

Sue Z

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum!

Good idea to get new boots. And you're right to go to a bootfitter, rather than just get them from a big box store. I used to live in PA, but I don't have a recommendation for you. However, someone who lives in Norristown posted about a good experience they had at Nestor's (I think they're in Whitehall, so that's not far from you). You might want to check out the post about it here.

mtbmom

Diva in Training
Thanks for the reply! Great website, BTW.

I'll give Nestor's a try, they're very close to me.

Thanks again and I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Sue Z

lovebug

Certified Ski Diva
Nestors Nestors Nestors.

First, its right in your backyard, second they are awesome there. Both Peters (Dad and son) worked with me on my fitting. Pete Jr. was just a font of information - and was so good at getting my weird feet into a comfortable, and supportive boot. After 3 days on my new boots I can now say that I am SUPER happy with what they picked out for me and the work they did.

They can get pretty busy though, so plan on getting there in the morning. It took me about 2 hours, and I still need to go back and have some shim work done.

Dont walk past the skis unless you want to want them really bad :smile:

Im planning on stopping in to see what they have this afternoon on my way home from western new york.

BTW - mtbmom, do you ski at Blue? We should meet up sometime if you do. Also, plug for women's ski day at Elk on January 9th. A whole day of group instruction, lunch, lift tickets and a free beer - 85$ :smile:

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Echo....your best bet is Nestor's. If they don't have something that will work for you, then you can take the bus to NYC and go to Surefoot for custom boots.

BTW, it sounds like there are some Divas here that ski at Blue! :smile:

nyskier

Diva in Training
A few listings. . .

Hi,

I just looked online and saw Pinnacle Sports in Reading, Pa is recognized as a master bootfitter. I also saw a listing for Masterseek Sports Shop in Bethlehem. I can't speak personally for either, as I grew up in your area, but never skied while I lived there. If you are planning a trip to a ski area, most of them have some really good bootfitters. I used Snocovers at Whistler and they are miracle workers! Good luck!
:ski2:

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Pinnacle is a great place! It's a family-run business that I've dealt with for years with great satisfaction.

mtbmom

Diva in Training
Wow! Thanks for all the great responses! I'll be heading over to Nestor's tomorrow!

I'll let y'all know how it all turns out.

Sue Z

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lola DH is the boot fitter at Wicks in Exton Pa. If Nestors cannot satisfy you, he can help you. Wicks is about an hour south of you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga