• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot dryers.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
So here I am at Jay Peak with LiquidFeet, and I hate to admit it, but I have dryer envy. She has the coolest boot and glove dryer -- a Dry Guy ThermoAir. Two accordion plastic tubes go into your boot, blowing in air that doesn't get above 99 degrees, so it won't harm your foot beds. And two other tubes extend up from the boots, where you can dry your gloves at the same time. The warm, moving air wicks away the moisture and perspiration, leaving your boots and gloves nice and dry. Very, very cool. I gotta get me one of these!

So what you do you about wet boots and gloves?

Marigee

Angel Diva
I have Swany Toaster mittens with an inner glove line and a zipper on the side. After skiing I pull the glove fingers outside of the mitten (through the zipper) and they dry by morning. I have a boot dryer for my boots. I think it's made by seirus? My feet sweat and my boots are always quite damp at the end of a day. I've tried anti-persperent twice now - and I think it helps some. I think I'll still keep my boot dryer though!

skigirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a coal stove with a fan blowing all the time. Everything gets put in front of it and by morning it is all dry! It works great as a fast hair dryer too!!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I use the Dry Guy---perfect especially when I ski consecutive days. I hate the dampy feel of the liners on day 2 of skiing---and if it's cold, my toes get colder than usual.

At our ski rental shop last year, they had 2 jars of liquid, one with about 2 ounces and one that might have been 4 ounces (details escape me). But underneath, the labels were how much your feet sweat on groomers in a day (2 oz jar) and how much your feet sweat on a powder day (4 oz jar).

altagirl

Staff member
I have a dry guy boot dryer too. I used to have heat stick type dryers and my bootfitter said that's a no-no since it heats the liners too much and can affect the shape that I spent so much time and money to get...

The one I got has 4 sticks blowing air out of it. I think the concept is that you could do two pairs of boots, but that doesn't seem to work. But it does work great to have my boots and my gloves on it at the same time.

Jilly

Staff member
Mine's like liquidfeets. It can heat or just blow air. Boots and gloves at the same time. I was able to get it throught CSIA Pro store. Also at the condo, we have a wood stove. So, we got teepee's made from metal and can put the liners or gloves on them to dry. But it heats them up sometime too much. My boots/liners are old, so I don't care, but Hubby's are brand new and shouldn't be on there. Great for the gloves, toasty warm. Also there is a protector screen behind the stove. We can put face masks, scraves, tea towels, etc on it to dry.

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I go low tech--take the boot liners out and put them a couple of feet away from a heat or air flow source, be it a vent, a cold air intake, or a register. Sometimes, especially if high humidity, I'll hang them from a curtain rod upside down over a register. Same positioning for gloves, but for them I'll cut off the top half of a styrafoam or plastic cup, or even a toilet paper roll, and put it in the wrist opening to hold it open and allow more air flow. My husband uses an official boot & glove dryer so I let him believe his technique is better, but my gear ends up just as dry and I have nothing taking up suitcase space.

lil mountain girl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Quiver Queen said:
I go low tech QUOTE]

Go low tech, go! :D
Bonus points for use of random household items in a new creative way too (reuseing . . . very environmental)!

I completely agree with you . . . it's all about being able to take your liners out (builds muscles!) and having gloves/mittens with removable liners.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
lil mountain girl said:
Quiver Queen said:
I go low tech QUOTE]it's all about being able to take your liners out (builds muscles!)

I use my teeth. Grab that liner with the teeth and pull, while holding the plastic boot open using both hands. Builds good teeth. Feels so good when it finally breaks free.

Jilly

Staff member
Oh, maybe because my boots are 4 years old, but I don't remember having to use my teeth. But putting them back together can sometimes break skin on the knuckles!!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So far, it's teeth coming out, extra person going back in. I need help there-I get someone to hole the two parts of the plastic open while I fold and force the liner back in. I DO warm up the boots before using the teeth. Otherwise, even jaw power (one of the strongest muscles in the body moves the jaw) wouldn't do it for my boots.

Jilly

Staff member
OMG Girl, what make of boot is that. I know Hubby's were a pain because there was a little latch/knob in the back that held the liner to the boot (10yr old Salomons') I help out in a store part time and only have problems removing the liner when its a new-new boot, never out of the box and I don't want scraped knuckles!!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
These boots are Atomic T-9s, made for women, top of the consumer line from Atomic, bought new two 1/2 years ago. They are stiff.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga