• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot advice/recommendations

EDub

Diva in Training
The past two times I've gone skiing, I've been having trouble with bruising my two big toes. I know I'm either leaning back too much or my boots need an adjustment.

But I may look into new boots anyway, as mine are 8 years old. They are Lange boots and I've been pretty happy with them until now. With all the sales going on, I think I'll check some out this weekend.

Does anyone have any boot recommendations I might consider? My feet feel best in Asics running shoes (not New Balance or similar) and I don't generally have arch issues (though I tend to underpronate--heels roll outward slightly). If there's anyone out there with a similar shoe preference, maybe you could suggest a boot?

I'll definitely get the advice of a boot fitter, but would love to do some advance research.

EDub

Diva in Training
I'd say I skied between 35-40 days in them. I also should have said I'd like boots that have the option for a heel riser and a good forward lean adjustment.

C

CMCM

I see you're in the Bay Area....If you ever get up to Truckee, I'd recommend going to the Granite Chief there and get yourself fitted properly. (ask for John or Jason). They told me they'd get me into boots I was comfortable with and totally satisfied with or they'd take them back and put me in something else. I was really happy with their knowledge and attitude. All the boots are 40% off right now so it's a great time to buy. Everyone's foot is different, so it's really individual. What is wonderful for me might be terrible for someone else. You just have to try them and see.

Anyhow, at GC they are very nice people, very serious about making sure you are happy with your equipment and not just out to get you to buy any old thing just to make a sale. Boot fitting is tricky....my own experience was that choosing boots myself didn't work and I had painful boots for 2 seasons before I got properly fitted. Also....I got custom insoles and had to tweak everything a couple of times before the boots felt perfect.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The past two times I've gone skiing, I've been having trouble with bruising my two big toes. I know I'm either leaning back too much or my boots need an adjustment.
Sounds like either A) they packed out and are now too big, or B) they were too big to begin with.

Definitely see a boot fitter. But, to give you advance suggestions, we need additional info:
Which Langes are they? How did they fit and perform for you before? What's your preferred turn shape and size? What's your ability level and preferred terrain? Preferred speed? Is your calf big or small, high or low? Will you be racing?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga