• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Blizzard Titan EOS/Elan Free Spice/Scott Mission

NannyMin

Banned
This past weekend I demo'd a few pairs of skis at Heavenly. The Blizzard Titan EOS is had also demo'd at Stowe a couple of weeks ago.

Blizzard Titan EOS 166
123-88-109 166

Short Turns 2
Medium Turns 4
Long Turns 5
Rebound 4
Stability 5
Forgiveness 5
Grip 4
Steeps 4
Crud 4
Powder 5
Ice 2
Overall Impression

Tested Length Felt: Just Right

Ski Sidecut Felt: Just Right

Ski Flex Felt: Just a little itty bit too soft

Best Described As: Perfectly Balanced

Notes: What a fun ski! Like a knife through butter, this ski cuts through crud! If I had a choice I would make this just a bit stiffer. The stability makes this ski a winner!

Elan Free Spice 168
128--88-108

Short Turns 3
Medium Turns 4
Long Turns 5
Rebound 4
Stability 3
Forgiveness 3
Grip 3
Steeps 4
Crud 4
Powder 5
Ice 2
Overall Impression: Not as forgiving as what I am looking for.

Tested Length Felt:
Too Long

Ski Sidecut Felt:
Just Right

Ski Flex Felt:
Too Stiff

Best Described As:
Burly

Notes: Not the ski for me. I felt like it was "out to get me"! Every minor mistake was amplified. I couldn't get switch out fast enough!

Scott Mission 168
129-89-115

Short Turns 4
Medium Turns 5
Long Turns 5
Rebound 4
Stability 4
Forgiveness 4
Grip 2
Steeps 4
Crud 4
Powder 5
Ice 2
Overall Impression: WOW!

Tested Length Felt:
Just Right

Ski Sidecut Felt:
Pefection!

Ski Flex Felt:
Just Right

Best Described As:
Nimble & Fun, Fun, Fun!

Notes: This is an incredibly adaptable ski. With the exception of ice it handled everything thrown at it with ease.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Never tried a Scott, but now I'm tempted!!! Sounds like a great ski!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This review doesn't surprise me, but it does encourage me to try the Scott.

I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear what you ended up buying.
popcorn.gif

NannyMin

Banned
This review doesn't surprise me, but it does encourage me to try the Scott.

I'm waiting on pins and needles to hear what you ended up buying.
popcorn.gif

I wouldn't want to keep ya on pins & needles "VirginClutch"! I emailed Mike this morning about buying the Blizzards. Hopefully, I will be able to fly into Vermont this weekend and pick them up (and get a few turns in!:ski2: If anyone is at Stowe this weekend let me know and maybe we can ski together ). I decided to keep the Blizzards at the house in Montana and to keep looking for something else for touring. I'm hoping to to find and purchase something before I take the kids to Chamonix. Although, after seeing "Steep" I'm more than a little nervous about going to Chamonix with children. :confused:

For those of you looking for skis in Vermont. I would highly, highly, highly recommend Mike Thomas (Whitehouse on Epic) at Skiersshop in Stowe (580 Mountain Rd). He is very knowledgeable, easy to work with, and will give you a great deal!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Which bindings did you get?
popcorn.gif

Although, after seeing "Steep" I'm more than a little nervous about going to Chamonix with children. :confused:

If I were going to Chamonix, especially with small children, I would hire a mountain guide whenever possible. There are guides whose grandparents were Chamonix guides, and these men and women can make it a safe and enjoyable experience for all of you. And brush up on your French!:D

NannyMin

Banned
If I were going to Chamonix, especially with small children, I would hire a mountain guide whenever possible. There are guides whose grandparents were Chamonix guides, and these men and women can make it a safe and enjoyable experience for all of you. And brush up on your French!:D

I've hired a guide for the entire time we are there (he's a cutie too!). I just get a bit nervous thinking about my 6 year old charge and his ability to bite off more than he can chew!

Bonne nuit !

Elangirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just bought a pair of Free Spice--and I think I am going to love them. I wanted a high performance ski and like the idea of a burly ski---I have never skied 88mm in the waist before, I hope I like that part----will review them for you this week. They do say experts only in most of the reviews.

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also got a pair of the Blizzard Titan Eos three weeks ago in a 159 length. I must say, they were loads of fun in the powder we had last weekend! And surprisingly, they would hold an edge on the icy stuff we found at the top where the wind had blown off all of the fresh snow.

Whoo Hoo!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga