• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Bindings for celebrities ???

loosebutton

Diva in Training
Hey all

So I have a pair of Celebrities and I bought a pair of marker griffon bindings to go on them...well I am having a bit of a problem with them. I cant get them mounted. The people who run the shop where I am (wv) from that is a marker dealer dont know what they are talking about and told me they can't mount them on my skis. hmm..well the thing is I am going up to stowe, vt in march and dont know if I should wait til then to see if I can get them mounted there or if I should just sell them and buy another pair of bindings. I have emailed Marker but no response back. I just really wanted these bindings..oh well. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get them mounted?

If I do get another pair of bindings, what do you suggest?

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
That is the weirdest thing I've ever heard. I can think of no reason why Griffons couldn't be mounted on your Celebrities, but perhaps someone here on this forum will know more and chime in.

Seems as if the Griffons are a good choice for that ski. I would call around to other ski shops, some around the big ski areas in WV, and including ones in Vermont close to where you will be, and ask them the same question. I'm sure what you will find a shop to do the mounting for you.

Don't just go out and buy another binding until you get to the bottom of the matter. THEN, once you have them mounted, take them back to that original shop and show them that they indeed could be mounted!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The only reason I could think of for a shop to refuse mounting a binding would be that the binding is so old it's no longer indemnified. Got me why they would refuse to put Griffons on your Celebrities. Makes no sense to me.

alyeskaluv

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a similar scenario with Tyrolia bindings . . . my local shop will not adjust them (they're already mounted, just need the DIN setting) and gave no real explanation as to why. They are brand new bindings, so I'm really unclear as to why they won't touch them ???

judes

Diva in Training
Salomon

Hi there

I have Salomon Ti10 bindings (with the wide brake) on my new Celebrities and I'm really happy with them; haven't had any premature release, has released ok when I've fallen a few times...

I don't have anything else to compare with but certainly can't see a reason not to recommend these ones. I got them from Al's Ski Barn online, and they ship for free within the US. They were very well priced, too.

Cheers, good luck

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have no idea why they won't mount your Griffons for you. The only thing I can think is if the mount pattern is different on the Griffon than other Markers and they maybe don't have the jig? Otherwise, :noidea:.

SnowflakeADK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
hmmmm.....extremely odd situation. Well, I can tell you w/ 100% certainty that the Griffons can be mounted on your Celebrities, because mine are!! My recommendation is to seek a 2nd opinion. :smile:

BTW....great setup! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga