• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

BigAirBag

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today I jumped my first big jump. The reason was that I really wanted to test the BigAirBag. https://www.bigairbag.com/

This turned out to be really funny. And hopefully I get to test it some more before the season ends. :becky:

Here is a pic of me jumping. As you all can see, I'm not a really good jumper... Today was actually the first time since I was a little kid on my cross country skis.

Has anyone of you tried it?

n673987395_733967_1625.jpg

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
cool and gutsy. do you get knocked around when you land on it?

actually, when I looked at the name of this thread I expected to see a pic of my ex in here

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
WOW! Way to go! That looks awesome!
Sadly, my "air" days are never "got off the ground" :laugh: But my son trains at Lake Placid, NY, at the Kodak Sports Park, which is jumping into water. DH wants to try it, as it is a summer event offered to certified ski instructors. Hopefully, at his age, he'll reconsider.
Son below:
47b4ce37b3127cce9f503ee9dbfb00000005108EcOWblm0Zw

astridhj

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
cool and gutsy. do you get knocked around when you land on it?

It was like landing on air or a big balloon. Really soft. The first few times I tried it, my landing was a bit hard and my bindings released. But it wasn't hard to land at all. The worst thing was actually to try and get off it if only one of your skis released.

The last jump, the one the picture was from, I think I had the perfect landing, cause I just skied off the bag :becky:

I just want to go up there and try it again tomorrow :ski2: but alas, that's not happening. Maybe Monday...

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
THAT looks like a lot of fun! Woohoo!

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
But my son trains at Lake Placid, NY, at the Kodak Sports Park, which is jumping into water. DH wants to try it, as it is a summer event offered to certified ski instructors. Hopefully, at his age, he'll reconsider.

I was talking with a work-acquaintance this afternoon. Delightful woman that I don't get to see NEARLY often enough. She's in the middle of a project and needed some help, so she came in and visited today. She was telling me she got side-tracked, and now has to really hurry on the project, because Sunday before last, she had to go get her brother off the mountain, and she's been taking care of him ever since. Jimmy's 48, and loves big air. He was in the terrain park, in full view of the lift, and wouldn't let anyone go for help until the lift was empty. (busiest lift on the resort usually)

A bad landing broke his leg, just below the hip ball. She has a picture on her cell phone. Six hours of surgery, three months before he can put any weight on it, and then he can start making it work again! Heparin shots twice a day -- Linda's a nurse, and she drives in from the toolies to give him the shots, and stay with him til they're sure he doesn't have a bad reaction.

He's divorced, has a seven year old daughter living with him, and their mom has had to move in. From the sound of things, he'll be on the mountain again come next winter -- even if he's got to stick to the bunny hill all year!

I'm pretty sure she and her mom are happy to help, but she did say it's pretty amazing how far the consequences of his bad jump reaches! (and he says he knew as soon as he was in the air that it wasn't going to be a good landing)

Maybe the story will help your DH think again about big jumps, MSL?

Thinking about it, I think we may have been on the lift about the time it happened, and we DID see paramedics and ski patrol VERY carefully transferring him into the ambulance on our way to the car!

Kano

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
^^^^^:eek: Rough story. There are too many....
Nah, DH here knows he'll jump into water OMDB (over my dead body) :becky:

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
WOW! Way to go! That looks awesome!
Sadly, my "air" days are never "got off the ground" :laugh: But my son trains at Lake Placid, NY, at the Kodak Sports Park, which is jumping into water. DH wants to try it, as it is a summer event offered to certified ski instructors. Hopefully, at his age, he'll reconsider.
Son below:
47b4ce37b3127cce9f503ee9dbfb00000005108EcOWblm0Zw

Great shot of your DS!

I've been to the jump training facility in Lake Placid and went to the top of the big jump tower. I was able to stand at the edge of the "inrun" jump ramp in the tower and tried to picture myself going down with 240-plus cm skis strapped to my feet. I have no idea how anyone could get up the nerve to launch off of that thing, knowing it's going to put you way the heck back up into the air before you land. :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga