• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Best ski rental in Steamboat, CO

mlle nessa

Diva in Training
I'm headed to Steamboat in March for spring break! I'm looking for advice on rental shops that people recommend. I'm an advanced intermediate skier and will be renting skis, boots, and poles. Proximity to the lifts isn't an issue. Who do you rent from? Who has the best demo ski packages? Any other rental advice for me? Who has good prices for a college student!?:becky:

LadyLes

Certified Ski Diva
Hi mlle nessa,

I went to Steamboat a couple of seasons ago over New Year's with the fam. They all had to rent gear and we used Ski Haus: https://www.skihaussteamboat.com/

They had a great demo selection and we were there a few times trading in our demos for some powder demos. :becky: They were very helpful, and it looks like you save a little if you book online. And I think I remember picking them up the night beforehand for no extra charge.

Hope this helps, and have a great time; Steamboat is awesome!

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you have your own boots, I would highly recommend bringing them! We rented from one of the shops at Steamboat (not demos, but just rentals) and they were not very well tuned. If you would like, I will look up the name of the shop.

Sherry

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you're going to demo there is nothing better than the yurt at the top of the gondola. I think they're probably a bit pricier but you can ski off two lifts to exchange very easily. I was able to demo almost 10 pair in one day! :smile:

As for rentals I'm not sure about that.

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We rented from Steamboat Ski & Sport at the mountain. The people in the shop were very nice, but the skis just were not well tuned.

Being from the east, we ski regularly on ice. It was icy on several trails while we were there for the NASTAR nationals (our son was competing) and both my husband and I felt very unstable on the rental skis.

Have a great trip! Everyone there is so friendly!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga