• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Balance Ball Training?

Jilly

Staff member
Check out Lise Marie Mercer's book. Now, what was the title, I've lent the book out. Help me someone???

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Open Your Heart With Winter Fitness: Mastering Life Through Love of the Slopes.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Everyone talks about working out with a balance ball. Does it really help? thanks

Stability ball, right? I believe so. It adds another dimension to your workouts. Resistance training is no longer just an up and down motion; a lateral motion is added, and the core needs to react otherwise you'll fall off the ball (ie, situps pushups, dumbbell weights). I find it more functional than normal gym routines b/c when we do things in sports, for instance, we're never just moving in one track or line. If anything, you're training your brain to react to subtle changes in balance.

Jilly

Staff member
Thanks num. :smile:

There is lots of information about workouts with the ball in her book.

shrimpchip

Certified Ski Diva
Thank you soooo much for the inputs!

Lets see...a balance ball + weights + pro-fitter + skier's edge + trendmill + harbcarvers + Mt Hood summer camp = a second job.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Core training is really the key to improving in most physical pursuits. You really don't realize how important core strength is until you start doing it and notice the difference. I was having some major hip pain due to my running, and after just a few weeks of physical therapy focusing on core strength, not only are my hips vastly improved, I really feel like my running is SO much stronger. I can't wait to see how it helps my skiing next season (well, and I guess at Abasin in two weeks!).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna