• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Australian 2010 season starts...

Ski-dreamer_Diva

<span style="color:#F89F07";">Angel Diva</span><br
Australian resorts actually had snow and lifts operating for the season official start 10 days ago.

Who has plans to ski Australia - where and when this season?

I'll be working at Mt Hotham - so give me a hoy if you're coming this way.

May it snow, snow and snow...:smile::smile::smile:

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Wow, sounds like a great star to the season there. Enjoy every minute.

I have to admit I'm a bit jealous. Today I had a wonderful bike ride, which included a trail right up to the mountain at Tremblant. And all I could think of — despite the lovely day — was that I'd rather be up there on the snow.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is lilabear skiing!?
I would love to make a trip to Australia this time of year, but alas, not this year.

Please share your TR's with us!

Nadine_A

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Australian resorts actually had snow and lifts operating for the season official start 10 days ago.

Who has plans to ski Australia - where and when this season?

I'll be working at Mt Hotham - so give me a hoy if you're coming this way.

May it snow, snow and snow...:smile::smile::smile:

Hi hi,

I'll definitely be in touch. Do you still have the bed available up at DP? I'm not sure at this stage when I can get up there. Work is frantic and, in their wisdoms, the Powers that Be have decided that I should work on 3 projects this winter. I've got leave submitted for approval, but it doesn't look like it will get there. I'll try to get up there for a long weekend.

On a brighter note, first day trip to Mt Buller coming up next weekend. Counting down to see the white stuff:yahoo:

Ski-dreamer_Diva

<span style="color:#F89F07";">Angel Diva</span><br
Hi hi,

I'll definitely be in touch. Do you still have the bed available up at DP? I'm not sure at this stage when I can get up there. Work is frantic and, in their wisdoms, the Powers that Be have decided that I should work on 3 projects this winter. I've got leave submitted for approval, but it doesn't look like it will get there. I'll try to get up there for a long weekend.

On a brighter note, first day trip to Mt Buller coming up next weekend. Counting down to see the white stuff:yahoo:

Enjoy Mt Buller - we do need more snow - plenty of man made. beds are available and you are most welcome - just email to check availability.

Season 2010 - may the snow gods smile on us! :thumbsup:

Witchery

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm going to keep an eye out and see what the snow does this season. If it's good a bit later in the season we'll hop on a flight and come skiing for a few days. Not sure where we'd go but probably somewhere in VIC.

Nadine_A

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
First day on the skis yesterday.

Took my pregnant sister and her husband with me to Mount Buller in Victoria. The sister spent the day in a bar sipping hot chocolate and I had the husband on the slopes with me. He's a beginner with a new snowboard.

Happy to say that all my bones are intact and all ligmaments are attached. All in all a great day. It was a bit touch and go when said brother-in-law took me out getting off the lift. What is it with me and the lift AND my bright yellow (look at me) jacket:noidea:

What a day...so happy to have snow under foot againg. Even with the horrendous weekend crowds. Boots again were perfect. We're doing another day trip next Saturday. Can't wait:thumbsup:

Anna

Angel Diva
Hi Ya! :smile:

Went to Mt Buller opening weekend - only decent run open was Shakey Knees - but no crowds so it was great to get back on the snow!
First time back in 12 years!!!!!!

(OMG - first time in rental boots and skis = YUCK YUCK!
Wrong fit - too big @ 27.5 - my new boots are 26.5!)

Rushed out and bought new boots from expert bootfitter = ZOMFG!

Went to Mt Baw Baw July 17th in new boots and demo skis.
BRILLIANT = on my feet for 7 hours straight - NO PAIN - Just wonderful. On demo Volkl Attiva Sol! :smile::smile::smile: :D :D Now i want a pair!

So, need to and WANT to head up the snow again soon :smile: SOON being yesterday!

*it IS snowing HEAPS NOW*

(I am bringing the future snow into today cos if i didn't it would always remain in the future)

Anna

Angel Diva
Hello again everyone!

What are you thoughts so far on this season?
Best mountain best runs?

I was at Buller on Sat - in some places it was pretty slushy underfoot and some patches were bare, others were icy and MANY places were perfect :smile:...The patchy places were unexpected..... at least Little Buller Spur was covered :smile:

Anyhoo....
all in one piece, nothing broken, knee not sore, and body not aching either - yesterday I creaked but not today:smile:

Nadine_A

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Writing from my iPhone. Spending day two at perisher blue. TR to come. Fantastic couple of days. Spectacular!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga