• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Atomic Foxy Mama

Jilly

Staff member
Well I really wanted to try the Sugar Mama, but the Atomic shop at Tremblant didn't have them. So it was the Foxy Mama instead.

The Tester: 50 yr olds, 5'5 and 160lbs. CSIA 2 instructor. Techincal and finesse skier, power went needed. Present ski Rossi Z5

Conditions: Crowded Sunday, groomed runs, clear day, some bumps that had not been groomed out.

Runs: Did most runs on the mountain. (Spend 20 min on a broken lift!!)

The Foxy Mama is a women's Metron ski. I wanted to try these as they were listed in SkiPress as high-performance multi condition and highly rated. Stats: 157 cm, 124-74-108 radius 11.5, fresh tune from the look of them.

So first run of the day down the green - Petit Bonheur. Wow, long edge transfer compared to my Z's. Expected though with that waist width. And love speed. Metron's were always good at speed. A few runs later actually got some freshies on the side of the run. Loved that stuff. And crud-busters too. Got into some of that later in the day. So, stable at speed, crud-busters, didn't like ice and made long turns, considering the radius is tighter than my Z's .

So if you are somewhere where ice is not a factor, a ski to look at. As for me I still want to try the Sugar.

NOTE: according to people at Atomic buy Metron's or SX's this year. Not on the radar for next!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna