• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Are you ready

Jilly

Staff member
This was just posted today on the tremblant-insider - 108 days till opening day!! Are you ready! :eek:

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
NO!!!

I haven't had anywhere near enough bike or sail time yet!!!:(

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm SO ready. I would like a nice long fall though. This summer has just been too hot and I need some of those 70-80 degree days before the snow starts to fly. I've still got some climbing and biking to do....but I can't wait to start tuning my skis, digging out my skins, and putting the batteries back in my beacon!!!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not quite there yet.
I've been jonesing for skiing sometimes, but mostly I'm trying to get my golf game in order, and there are two hills at the Cadillac pathway I WILL conquer, not to mention the log that I see as an opportunity instead of an obstacle.

After I get those done, it can snow!:D

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
108 days- Lost (the show) fans, beware the numbers!

I've got some bindings that need to be mounted, and a helmet to buy, bones to heal, muscles to mend...but yeah, I'm ready!

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am still enjoying the summer activities, mainly hiking, and I am excited to enjoy my new bike for the next few months.

It got cold here last night (upper 40's I think) and I started to think about the ski season. I hope to be skiing by Thanksgiving this year!!!!

abc

Banned
This was just posted today on the tremblant-insider - 108 days till opening day!! Are you ready! :eek:
Nope!

I'm still only half way up to my normal biking intensity, still in "training" mode. I'll hit my top by the end of this month, geez, it's only August! There's still Sept and Oct as prime cycling season, before I even THINK about winter. Not that I EVER start skiing before Christmas, never mind November. Thanksgiving skiing is not for me.

Although today got pretty chilly that I did thought about skiing, if only for a moment! :smile:

Travel Plans

OK NannyMin, I know that you'll be planning some grand trips for the upcoming season. Where are you heading to?

I'm planning to attend ESA Stowe in December (hope there's snow), travel to Big Sky, Montana in mid-February, ski a weekday each week at Stratton or Okemo (my mid-week pass will work at both resorts), and ski with my kids on weekends and even possibly at night on occasion at Berkshire East in Charlemont, MA, my local hill. This will be our first season with Berkshire East passes and I expect that it will encourage lots of snow time since I won't need to fork out the $ for lift tickets everytime we want to go....

This Winter, I have a non-ski (!) business trip planned for early March to the LaCosta Resort and Spa in Northern San Diego where I will be attending a conference. It's a short trip and I'm taking one of my daughters who will be in 8th grade this year. Should be fun. She's always wanted to go to California and I haven't been to Southern CA since 1986....

NannyMin

Banned
OK NannyMin, I know that you'll be planning some grand trips for the upcoming season. Where are you heading to?

I'm planning to attend ESA Stowe in December (hope there's snow), travel to Big Sky, Montana in mid-February, ski a weekday each week at Stratton or Okemo (my mid-week pass will work at both resorts), and ski with my kids on weekends and even possibly at night on occasion at Berkshire East in Charlemont, MA, my local hill. This will be our first season with Berkshire East passes and I expect that it will encourage lots of snow time since I won't need to fork out the $ for lift tickets everytime we want to go....

This Winter, I have a non-ski (!) business trip planned for early March to the LaCosta Resort and Spa in Northern San Diego where I will be attending a conference. It's a short trip and I'm taking one of my daughters who will be in 8th grade this year. Should be fun. She's always wanted to go to California and I haven't been to Southern CA since 1986....

You should definitely let me know if you end up going to Big Sky. It would be fun to ski a some runs together.

I'm still working through some of the plans for the later part spring with my employers. This is what our schedule looks like as of now. I'm really excited about Chamonix. This will be the first time that I have skied there. My two charges think that we are skiing in Cannes because that is all they associate France with...they are in for a fun surprise!

Dec:

Possibly ESA Stowe
Heavenly-4 days (if there is snow)
Yellowstone Club-2 wks

Jan:

Yellowstone Club-1 week
BC/Vail-1 wk
A-Basin-3 days

Feb:

Yellowstone Club-5 days
Chamonix-2 wks

March:

Yellowstone Club-2 wks
BC/Vail-5 days
Solitude-4 days

April:
BC/Vail-4 days
Mammoth-4 days

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Man, NM, I wish I had your job!!!!

I see you have four days down for Solitude in March. Those wouldn't happen to be Diva days, would they? :D

On the topic of being ready: there are 92 days til November 15, which may or may not be the official start of ski season (well, it's close enough). But who's counting?????

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga