• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone have FF miles with United?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
If you do, you might want to consider using them.

Peter Greenberg, NBC Travel Correspondent, says the following:

I worry that United Airlines, which has already wrung everything they could out of bankruptcy, will fail in the fourth and the first quarters—which are the toughest to get through. It's not a coincidence that most airlines go under in March, because they just can't get enough money to make it to summer.

I am not sure what other cuts United can make. So, if you have any miles accumulated on airlines like United, I suggest you figure out a way to redeem those miles on their partner airlines.

You can do that or you can go to an art supply store, get a picture frame, and hang your miles on the wall.

They are being devalued by the hour and if the airline goes out of business, so do the miles.

Hey, it's a good excuse to fly somewhere for a ski trip, right? :D

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My husband flies United quite often on business. Luckily, United is part of the "Star Alliance" which includes Air Canada, which we use to fly to Canada on our annual ski trips.

Jillian

Certified Ski Diva
My husband accumulated many frequent flyer points flying Ansett, a Star Alliance member. When Ansett folded, everyone lost their points and had to start again with different airlines.
Unless United is planning to float the frequent flyer business (like Air Canada did and Qantas are now planning) then it may be a good idea to use some points on upgrades, merchandise, a vacation etc if by keeping watch on the press you feel United looks uncertain.

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My husband predicted this awhile back, which is why we've been hopping the globe on a regular basis. It was fun while it lasted!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga