• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Another one bites the snow!

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well another one bites dust (snow). Took a headder this morning on my favorite bump run and broke my collar bone :injured: I do not know how it happened :noidea: and got launched when I came out of my right ski. That goes back to our DIN setting discussion. I might have been able to recover had it stayed on. I am definitely going to crank it up a half point. Thankfully I was wearring my helmet - I never ski without it :clap: no matter how hot it is. I would have had some very serious head damage otherwise. This may be the end of the season for me, I will see how I feel in two weeks. We have scheduled a grand finale long weekend so I hope to at least be able to do some slow groomers by then.:ski2: For sure no more bumps this year :( AND like a good Diva, I skied down to first aid because I could and didn't want to miss it :yahoo:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, Daria, so sorry to hear about your break! Can't believe you skied down to first aid! Wow, there are some tough women on this site!

Hope you have a fast, complete recovery!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry to hear that, Daria! I hope you heal up quickly and completely.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:eek: Oh no, another one!!!
Take care of yourself and heal up well!
Are you in a major sling?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh.
Collarbone is a painful one.
Good news, you broke it at the end of the season instead of the beginning.
Heal fast!!

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
thanks for all of your good wishes! The good news is that my break is not all the way through and no displacement :clap: so I should heal well and right now the wine is helping :yahoo:

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry to hear about your injury--as has already been mentioned, the bright side is it's the end of the ski season. I hope you feel better quickly!

Jilly

Staff member
Been there, done that and didn't know it. Found out this year in an X-ray. Dull thudding ache right now eh?? The wine will help, but I think some Advil would be better. Rest, relax and maybe you can make that last weekend!!

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Been there, done that and didn't know it. Found out this year in an X-ray. Dull thudding ache right now eh?? The wine will help, but I think some Advil would be better. Rest, relax and maybe you can make that last weekend!!
Jilly, I can't believe you went through this without knowing! The discomfort is pretty real even with a lesser break like mine. You are really hard core! I went to the doctor today to check it out and she told me that Advil (which I have been taking to avoid the more serious meds) actually gets it the way of bone healing and Tylenol is better. So no wine or Advil - need to switch to Tylenol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna