• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Another one bites the dust!

sleddog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Little Switzerland in Slinger, WI is closed for good - they opened in 1941 and the grandson of the original owner hadn't done much to make improvements over the last 10 years. They sold off all of their equipment and have just the land left - it was planned to be developed until the city of Slinger refused to change zoning from recreational to residential. I think this is really going to put a strain on the rest of the southeastern WI ski areas. Sad to see them go - even though I never chose to ski there (I did have to take my ski team there for races, though), it's one less place where new skiers can learn the sport to become lifelong skiers.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd never been there, but they were on my "to go" list. Sad to see them go :(

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When you see these little places close, its like saying good bye to an old friend, even if you'd never been there.
Sad.

Gina23

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
weird that i just read this... a co-worker of mine grew up skiing there and sent me a link of info. about them last week. sad.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna