• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Another Diva down...

skimomma24

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well as some of you know from FB, I broke my wrist yesterday. I volunteered to go skating with my girls' JK class, and no sooner had I stepped on the ice, I was on my butt. I toughed it out for the next hour, but then went to get it looked at and x-rayed. I fractured one of the bones in my wrist, small, but broken. So I know have a full cast up to my elbow.

I am supposed to start my ski instructors course on Dec 13!!! I am so mad at myself. This just ruins all my plans for teaching. I go back to hosp on Dec 11 to have it re-assessed, and likely re-casted to some degree. Not sure if I'll be able to ski before the New Year. Grrrrrrr!

So I will have to live vicariously through you ladies. :Cry: :injured:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Well, doesn't THAT stink! Don't blame you for being mad. I'd be mad too.

Here's hoping you have a fast and full recovery!!!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:( So sorry about the injury. :( Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Jilly

Staff member
Bigger mitts or gloves. Could you grip a pole??

Just kidding, listen to the doc's and you'll be skiing soon enough!

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
well that stinks! Maybe they can put you into something not as limiting when you go back on the 11th so you can still attend class on the 13th.

Just a thought.....

anyhow, hang in there!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:( Oh no! Really so sorry to hear this....:Cry:
You need to chat with SnowHot - she had a wrist fracture early in the summer, sounds similar.
Hang in there, feel better soon!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga