• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Alpine Valley, WI - 1/12/08

TsuKata

Certified Ski Diva
We drove up to Alpine Valley today to try out my new equipment. I had a blast. I only got as far as the wee little first timer hill (that wasn't even really a hill), but my DH did some runs in the park and had fun, too.

The conditions were slushy. My DH comments that there were a couple of jumps but no moguls. Also, he said the crossovers from run to run had very little snow, and he almost got stuck a few times.

As for the beginner area, they've converted all the beginner areas to magic carpets (yay for me). The area was slushy and icy where tons of beginners had packed the snow in, but overall, it was fine. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how much snow was there considering that we've had an unseasonably warm week. Their snowmakers did a good job. I did a private lesson with Leslie, and she was sweet enough to give me an extra half hour of instruction to try to get me up to going on the next hill. She did alot to help me get comfortable on the snow after a long absence from my last skiing, and she was very encouraging.

Definitely try the Valley View Banana Split cocoa drink at the lodge if you get a chance...dee-lish. :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
All I can say is get up there, or anywhere, again. We all started on that bunny hill and remember it well. And since you "had a blast" I sure you're going again and soon. Welcome to an great addiction!!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad you got out there and enjoyed it! The more you go, the easier and more fun it'll get, so build those miles on snow. I've been thinking to take my neice (4) to AV for her first skiing experience, because she's a little shorty and I think the carpet would be much easier for her than the lift or rope tow and let her focus on the fun of getting down the hill, not worry about making it up there. Grand Geneva nearby has them as well, a smaller place but nice and friendly with (in my experience) better snow.

I'll keep my eyes out for the banana split cocoa. I'm up by Cascade now, drinking a pistachio hot chocolate from The Cheese Factory. Yum.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Ah, Alpine Valley and Cascade----2 of my old stomping grounds. Glad to hear that they have repaired their warm/rain damage and are back from that weather blip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga