• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

A chunk of my tooth just fell out!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any divas have broken tooth advice/experiences to share?

I was in a car accident a little while ago, and walked away very thankful to be mostly intact, walking, talking and thinking, though with a facial fracture and some nerve damage.

Been seeing the doc regularly dealing with facial stuff. Not having a regular dentist, I decided to look for one and eventually found one, but hadn't gotten myself in to see him yet :doh:

Was brushing my teeth like an hour ago and a huge chunk of tooth came out. Didn't know what to do, called the dentist I'd found, got a hold of him though he was closed, and set it up to go in tomorrow. He says he'll take a look and see how many of the teeth on that side are fractured or broken and we'll find out tomorrow what needs to be done. No dental insurance, hope it's cheap or I can find some grant to cover it. The insurance claim hasn't been settled with the other party's insurance yet, so my medical bills haven't been settled yet. Wonder how this will factor in.

Do we happen to have a dentist diva on board? ;)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, Num, so sorry to hear about your tooth! I am one of the unlucky who's had lots of dental problems. Once I was eating something and half a tooth broke off, so I can definitely sympathize. And I don't have dental insurance, either.

Have no advice for you -- just my wishes for the best of luck. Hope it goes well tomorrow.

abc

Banned
Sorry to hear your ordeal. I'm no dentist but has been in car accidents before.

First thing, get yourself well. Do whatever it takes to heal yourself! -- this was the advice of my lawyer!

Second thing, you should get yourself a lawyer. Even if not formally hire one, you need to at least talk to one and see how you should proceed.

Medical bills in accidents are often delay, by both sides. For the victim side, it's precisely to cover any delayed onset of hidden injuries. So, don't delay medical treatments just because it hasn't been settled yet. You may not even want to settle until you're sure you don't have any hidden injuries.

So, go see the dentist and get your teeth fixed, and fixed properly.

And good luck.

Jilly

Staff member
Oh num, not what you need right now. First heed abc's advice. You might get lucky with just a filling, or?? And if its or??? One of my co-workers wife was injured in an accident 4 years ago, head injury and she wasn't driving, but walking across a cross walk. They are just starting to settle things. We in Ontario aren't so quick to sue, as we have no fault insurance, but this was a shrewd lawyer that wanted a case. Look after yourself and get well. That's all that matters in the long run.

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So sorry to hear about your situation, num. I had a brand new crown fall out yesterday (repaired today by dentist for free). But, more relevant, I was in a car accident a few years ago and couldn't seem to get effective medical help for my back. So I went to a chiropractor who pointed my toward a lawyer. My case was super clear (I was rear-ended by a guy w/no brakes) and the lawyer was able to get all the chiropractor bills paid and I received a small sum. I would advise you to find a lawyer. If your case is good, no need to worry about dental insurance. Best of luck with it!!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. So the verdict is at least one root canal and we'll take it from there. Looking around now to find rates and recommendations.

Good point about consulting a lawyer. I hadn't been thinking to, as I'm not trying to sue or anything, but it would be good to have the legal advice in getting things moving. Currently the other party's insurance isn't responding to or communicating with our insurance agent, and it seems like we've gotta do something to get things rolling.

snowmiser

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not a dentist, but I was involved in a serious car accident when I was in my teens. Over the 28 years that have passed, I've had to have several root canals due to teeth that were damaged from the accident along with multiple surgeries on my ankle that was crushed. I had been offered a settlement years ago from the insurance company, but it was peanuts compared to what my medical bills would have wound up costing me by now.

If I were you, I would take some of the other Diva's advice and seek legal counsel. This would at least cover your medical issues.

Good Luck & Take Care of Yourself!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga