• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

5th grade Free Skiing Programs.

Auski

Certified Ski Diva
Hi Colorado Moms,

Colorado Ski Country USA have opened up their Free Skiing program for 5th graders, :ski2:Yay, 3 days each at 21 resorts, what a deal!! They will be sending applications to all the schools in October but you can apply now online at https://passport.coloradoski.com

Apparently there are only a limited number to be given out.

Vail resorts also have their School of Shred available now, 3 free days at each of their resorts. I'm not 100% sure but I think you have to apply in person for that one at any of the Colorado Pass ticket sale places.

6th graders also get a great deal with the same thing for about $99. Gotta love it!

You all probably knew about it but it was a stunning surprise to me, I love Colorado and I love that my daughter is in 5th grade. :love:

FLGIRL

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks Auski for that link.

My son is in 5th grade and we filled it out and faxed in the info. We will be skiing in Beaver Creek. Do you think it will apply? Does this just take care of 3 days of lift tickets? We'll be there for 8 days.

Thanks

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

My son is in 5th grade and we filled it out and faxed in the info. We will be skiing in Beaver Creek. Do you think it will apply? Does this just take care of 3 days of lift tickets? We'll be there for 8 days.

Thanks
Unfortunately Beaver Creek is not participating. Neither are Vail, Breckenridge or Keystone. :( Since this is the case you might think about withdrawing your application since spots are limited and if you get a spot it will keep another child from participating.

ETA: If you'll be skiing at Copper Mountain or A Basin at all then by all means keep the pass since it is valid there.

Auski

Certified Ski Diva

Thanks

Hi FLGIRL,

Unfortunately Beaver Creek is a Vail resort and they have they have their own pass called the "School of Shred".
https://www.snow.com/passsales/5thgradeprogram.aspx

It also gives 3 free days of skiing at each of their resorts (B.Ck, Vail, Breckenridge and Keystone) but at this point it requires you to buy the pass in person. I'm not clear on whether the passes will be available later on or just through the Fall. It may be worth bringing your son's report card with you just in case you can still get it at that time.

When do you plan on coming over? How very, very nice to get 8 days at Beaver Creek. :smile:

I'm about to head over your way to Orlando for two weeks, looking forward to some warm weather, but hating to think that I might miss some good skiing.

FLGIRL

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for the info...I cancelled that pass by sending them an email with the details to cancel.

Yes, I just read about that Beaver Creek pass but it doesn't have that great online application like the other. I'll never be able to come in person to get that early!!! But I'll call them tomorrow to see what my options are when I arrive.

Yes, we are going to Beaver Creek this year for 8 nights over Hanukkah and Christmas. Anyone going? I'll be putting my 5 year old in the ski school there and my son and I will be sking by ourselves. Maybe hook-up with a private.

I can't wait...I've been to Keystone these last 2 seasons so this should be different!

Orlando is just up the highway from me (3 hours). Have a great time there. It's not too sunny now as I just drove through last night and it was all rainy. Hope it clears up.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll likely be in Eagle-Vail (about 5 minutes from Beaver Creek) for at least some of the time from Christmas to New Years. Unfortunately my pass is blacked out at BC from the 27th-31st so I'll be at Copper most of those days.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna