• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2008 Sugar Mama vs. 2009 Seventh Heaven vs. Nordica

skiaddict

Diva in Training
Hi gals. I demoed the Seventh Heaven in Tremblant last weekend and had a good time on them. I noticed, however, that their dimensions are a bit different than the Sugar Mamas from the previous year and that both the shovel and tail lost some width. There are raves about the Sugar Mama, but the reveiws on the Seventh Heaven seem to pale in comparison. I can pick up the 08 SMs for significantly less money, but before I do, I wanted to get some feedback to see if my reasoning is good. I have not demoed the Nordica Victories or the Coquers and am curious, but since I ski mostly out east and tend to demo out west, I thought I should probably jump on the SM deal, as they will soon disappear.

Last question, I'm short and heavy, 5'3" and 190 lbs. I'm thinking 157cm. I'm a level 8-9
skier and tend to do about 70/30 terrain.

The Seventh Heavens run about $1000, and I can get the Sugar Mamas for half of that if I act soon. Thoughts?

(I actually picked up a pair of Victories to demo on Friday night, but crazy high temperatures and rain in Tremblant spoiled the opportunity). Now I'm back in Philadelphia with these thoughts spinning in my head. Thanks for your help. :drool:

lovebug

Certified Ski Diva
I cant speak for the 7th heaven or the Sugar Mamas, but am planning on demoing the heave when I go to Elk next Friday for ElkFest (you're close - you should come!). However, I did get the opportunity to demo the Victories last week when i was home (western NY) for Christmas. I didnt spend enough time on them to feel that I could write up a real review, but I was really taken by them. They were a blast - big smile skis! They stuck the edges like crazy, and I loved the way they turned. They took some work though, they werent a sit back and relax kinda ski. The one issue that some people have mentioned is stopability - and it was a bit harder to get stopped than my one luvs. But honestly, who wants to stop anyway!! :laugh:

skiaddict

Diva in Training
Thanks for the info on Victory. I would love to try them. I wish I could go to Elk Fest, but I have to fly south for a winter wedding. Keep me posted on what you find out. I feel an urgency since the sugar mama is almost completely gone everywhere, which speaks volumes that it is still selling. Maybe we'll meet up at a PA mountain sometime. Is there some sort of forum or device used on this website to let people know where you are going to be in case Divas want to gather?:ski2:

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't forget about ebay! I've seen a fair number of Sugar Mamas on there (in case your local ski shop or wherever sells out).

skiaddict

Diva in Training
Just bought them on ebay for $479 including shipping. Now the wait for them to arrive!
Thanks for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga