• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2007 Volkl Attiva S5-advise

Dahlgrenski

Diva in Training
Hi, I used to have Burnin Luvs 153's and am considering buying last year's 2007 Volkl Attiva S5. Can anyone tell me how they ski? Are they good in crud, steep-hard snow, bumps, powder, and a quick turner?

Thanks!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The S5 is a carving ski so should be awesome on groomers, steep-hard snow and bumps, but not so much on crud and powder. It's a quick turning high speed machine yet still forgiving.

Dahlgrenski

Diva in Training
PS, what would you recommend in the VOLKL that would be great for both bumps, steep-hardpack, crud and quick turns?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes. There's a thread showing the breakdown of this years Volkls somewhere.....look for 2007-2008 Volkls either here or in the gear review section.

I demoed the Attiva AC2 last year and thought it was wonderful for improving to advanced skiers that don't have to go all-out all day. It just did everything very well.

NannyMin

Banned
If you are interested I will probably be selling my Volkl Attiva S5's (2007) at the end of this season.

IdahoSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I ski the 2007 S5. I tried the 2007 Burnin' Luv last year and I personally preferred the S5 over the Burnin' Luv, especially at high cruising speeds. I have taken the S5 into all conditions. Of course they are fantastic on groomers and hold wonderfully on ice. They are incredible carvers…if you like to make big carving trenches, then this is a great ski for you. The S5 has quick edge to edge transition and are really snappy. They do only know one speed…fast!

I have also taken the S5 into powder (thigh deep) and have been very surprised how well they ski. You just want to stay neutral so you don’t bury the tips. They have easily busted through most of the crud I have taken them in.

I highly recommend the S5. However, I have not tried the S5 replacement… the Fuego. I know the tips and tails on the Fuego are larger. I am too afraid that if I demo the Fuego, I will fall in love and want to buy :nono:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga