• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. ilovepugs

Question: Volkl Blaze 86?

Well my new skis arrived and I may or may not have reflexively, instinctively, lovingly pet them after unboxing them. I didn't mind the topsheets at all, they're a nice teal.
  2. ilovepugs

Best small suv for winter driving

I’m a member of the Tiguan club too and have always wanted an Allroad, but with three dogs (including very fluffy golden retriever) haven’t been able to bring myself to spring for a “nice” car (though my Tiguan is plenty nice!) Maybe for my next vehicle. I plan to drive the Tiguan til it dies...
  3. ilovepugs

I got the 159 which is basically my usual size at 5’2”. I am both dense and roly poly so I prefer to go in the high 150s. I just checked and my Blaze 94s, which I have touring bindings mounted on, are 158. I believe all my skis are between 156-159.
  4. ilovepugs

Well, I also joined the Blaze 86 train. It’s marked down to $330 a lot of places. I managed to snag a pair for $280 plus tax - couldn’t resist at that price! Now to decide on what kind of bindings I want to mount on them…
  5. ilovepugs

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

What’s the new certification?! Congrats!!
  6. ilovepugs

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

Did you pass your PSIA assessment? I stink at counting. I’m probably in high 30s-40s for the season. Just did a few runs today on my Atomic Backland 85s, lightweight touring skis. (I didn’t skin, just lift served.) The point was to put a little more mileage on them and learn to trust them, damn...
  7. ilovepugs

New Mexico 2024

Great trip report!!
  8. ilovepugs

Ski area count.

Haven’t updated this since 2019. I have some additions… I think I got them all. I’m bolding the ones I skied this year. With the exception of my traditional Thanksgiving trip to SSV, it was a very East Coast year! VT: Killington, Sugarbush/Mt. Ellen, Bolton Valley, Stowe, Mad River Glen, Jay...
  9. ilovepugs

Parking Jay Peak

Stateside lot.
  10. ilovepugs

Diva East @ Jay, Trip Report and Photos

I’m pretty lazy about taking pictures but here’s @ski diva and @RachelV going down Quacky, one of the prettiest trails at Mad River Glen :)
  11. ilovepugs

@RachelV - I might be persuaded to do Lower Antelope tomorrow if you’re feeling patient… #fullsend
  12. ilovepugs

@jthree is the BEST sport when it comes to skiing - I’ve definitely brought her “accidental uphilling” at MRG before!
  13. ilovepugs

I conked out shortly after nine last night and slept 7 straight hours which is pretty good for me. DANG the snow was good!!! Sorry to mostly ditch the group on Tuesday- I checked the ski and ride school training schedule and saw that John Witherspoon, who competed on the Freeride World Tour in...
  14. ilovepugs

Question: NM Divas

Safe travels and have fun!!!!!
  15. ilovepugs

New Blizzard Black Pearl 2025

Hi please keep me in the loop about Taos next season. :)
  16. ilovepugs

Ski areas not on any multi passes

On the east coast, Smugglers Notch draws a lot of families. Mad River Glen won best of the East in Ski Magazine last year — it is my favorite place and punches well above its weight in terms of name recognition and draw considering how no-frills it is, but I wouldn’t call it a resort - the only...
  17. ilovepugs

Indy Pass 24/25 on sale soon

I went to Jay Peak (one of the headline Eastern resorts on the Indy Pass, if not THE headline Eastern resort) today thinking it couldn't be too crazy busy because it was a Tuesday. BIG mistake - this is one of the few bluebird powder days we've had this season and it was almost fully parked out...
  18. ilovepugs

Alterra to Acquire A-Basin

I better come out to ski there again!
  19. ilovepugs

I renewed but bought pass protection! Wasn’t sure what my home mountain would be next year..hoping to be back closer to MRG and Sugarbush!
  20. ilovepugs

Will definitely be skiing Bolton sometime soon!