• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. SkiBilly

I have decided to retire - SO EXCITED!

Congrats! Welcome to ski-bummery!
  2. SkiBilly

Blisters on top of toes

So you ski in liners, where each toe has its own cover like a hand glove? The fabric is too thick and causing the rubbing, I would think. If you've got the boot warmers now you could go back to thin woollen ski socks instead. See how that goes. I tape my toes with thin micropore...not because of...
  3. SkiBilly

Most Hyped Ski You've Hated

Santa Ana for me too. I liked the Black Pearls so much better...loving my BPs!!!
  4. SkiBilly

Question: How hard are lessons supposed to be?

Huh?? How on earth can the instructor give instruction when he/she has to watch 6 people skiing all at once? That's a total rip off. And then as you were the last one down you didn't get as much feedback as every body else? Double rip off. I would definitely complain to the ski school.
  5. SkiBilly

Question: How hard are lessons supposed to be?

Wow! You did sign up for a hard lesson. 5.5 hours on blacks, even in the best conditions is going to be an athletic day. No escaping that fact. The bummer was that you were the one at the bottom of the group. I hate being "the worst skier " in the group for exactly the same reasons you...
  6. SkiBilly

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

Stranger Things....my kids said to watch it. I was sceptical as it's about kids...but it was great! Binge watched the 1st and 2nd season...hanging out for the 3rd now. And OMG! Westworld! It's not on Netflix....but watch it....it's just the best show ever!
  7. SkiBilly

Prepping for a Ski Day

You could do some calf stretches tonight and again in the morning before you put on your boots. :smile:
  8. SkiBilly

TheSkiDiva Wins Best Ski Blog Award -- Again!

Congratulations. Your time and dedication has been officially acknowledged and rewarded (again)...how good is that? :clap:
  9. SkiBilly

Sled ride! (No injury)

Oh no, @newboots. That's a bit of a bummer all round. I hope your whiplash is improving...will you ice it first for 24 hrs then apply heat? I always bring along 2 spare glasses as I wear rather fragile frameless ones. They still cope quite well under my goggles (which has a fan to stop...
  10. SkiBilly

Black Pearl suitable for me?

I have last years B'Pearls and they are fantastic. Yesterday I skied in powder while it was dumping down. I would've given up on my old skinny skies, for sure. These beauties made it easy and they make me a much better skier...I can ski faster and feel in control and don't get thigh burn. It was...
  11. SkiBilly

Foot cramps

Snowheads.com
  12. SkiBilly

What are your goals for the 2017/2018 season?

To strengthen my right turns. I favour my left leg and always hockey stop facing left. It feels very comfortable and strong and I would like it to feel that way when I stop right side too. I was trying it today and was only managing little soft, pussy ones.
  13. SkiBilly

Foot cramps

I agree about the tight calves being an issue. I have done lots of stretching and have a much better dorsiflexion in my feet now. My tip would be to eat foods high in magnesium and also take a supplement...this helps to relieve muscle cramping. Also have you tried taping your 3rd and 4th toes...
  14. SkiBilly

Tips for advanced skiers over 50 planning to ski until 80+

Both Ladies Day and Masters Monday have had a big price hike! I just checked and it's now $65 plus tax...still a pretty good deal though.
  15. SkiBilly

Photo of the day

Spectacular scenery. Haha, newboots....but no, still not a believer :wink:
  16. SkiBilly

Tips for advanced skiers over 50 planning to ski until 80+

Big White has "Ladies Day" every Wednesday. You get a 2.5 hour lesson with lunch included for just under $50. They also have "Masters Monday", the same deal but it's unisex and for over 50s. I can go to both now :-) Not that I'm advanced though. They have all levels. I go into level 4, so I can...
  17. SkiBilly

Failure of willpower & an alternative

Yes, very interesting. Thanks for sharing, newboots
  18. SkiBilly

FEAR!

@newboots, @SallyCat and @Jenny...you guys are gorgeous and hilarious :wink:
  19. SkiBilly

FEAR!

@marzNC, what a great blog by the Alba family. Thanks for sharing.
  20. SkiBilly

George Jedenoff

I know...isn't he just amazing! I hang out for the YouTube video of him every year in about mid Feb. I just googled him for an inspirational fix and found this about his 100th birthday. So fabulous, and yes I always say that I want to still be skiing when I'm 100.