• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you know The Secret?

Jilly

Staff member
Volkl doesn't do many in Canada. I've only tried them at a SIA type event years ago. Similarly K2 does not have a big presence either. They are the same distributor here in Canada.

Lilia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Agree Jilly. Earlier this spring, I only managed to demo a pair of Volkl Flair at the Owl's Head ski boutique. It was not an organized demo event, but I just came to the boutique and asked.

My question was to the topic starter as to where did she do that demo. If it is in Vermont, may be it would be worth to plan a trip from Toronto. Still closer than Whistler or Banff :smile:

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Yikes! That might be a bit much for me, in early Dec! Stay tuned.
Yeah, funny thing is I agree - too much for me too. I got back on the Head Kore 93 171 in firmer conditions and we didn't jive quite as well. I can see how it is a great ski for someone that has a bit more power than me though.

Jilly

Staff member
The Ski Diva probably demo'd it at an industry event they have in Vermont every year. It would not be an event open to everyone.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Agree Jilly. Earlier this spring, I only managed to demo a pair of Volkl Flair at the Owl's Head ski boutique. It was not an organized demo event, but I just came to the boutique and asked.

My question was to the topic starter as to where did she do that demo. If it is in Vermont, may be it would be worth to plan a trip from Toronto. Still closer than Whistler or Banff :smile:
Volkl was at the free Ken Jones Demo Day at Loon last week and had the Secret. I believe both @MissySki and @Sparky got on it. I demoed it last spring at Loon through a MA shop demo event there. I believe Volkl has been present at every demo day in NH, VT or ME I have been to. Elan is a different story! They were supposed to be at the Ken Jones Demo Day and didn't show - so bummed.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I looked at it the other day. The tech was telling about due to various corporate interests from the corp than owns Volkl, K2 and others, they had really been dumbing down the line and getting away from skis like the original Volkl and Mantra, resulting in losing a lot of long time dedicated advance/expert fans and customers. After some reorganization, they are supposedly getting back to what the originals were more like. Anyone know if there's truth to this?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I looked at it the other day. The tech was telling about due to various corporate interests from the corp than owns Volkl, K2 and others, they had really been dumbing down the line and getting away from skis like the original Volkl and Mantra, resulting in losing a lot of long time dedicated advance/expert fans and customers. After some reorganization, they are supposedly getting back to what the originals were more like. Anyone know if there's truth to this?
I have heard the same thing. Not sure that counts for much, but it's not the first time I've heard that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna