• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva East and West 2023-2024

mustski

Angel Diva
More important than the dates is the location. It makes it easier for those who have to decide which passes to buy. For us, Ikon is an automatic so it's not a big deal. I still think we could look at the Big 3 in Canada (really just Lake Louise and Banff) and push it to the end of March. I think conditions hold up pretty well there. @Jilly @Jenny - what do you know?

ETA: exchange rate is good and it would allow the Canadian divas to join us.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
More important than the dates is the location. It makes it easier for those who have to decide which passes to buy. For us, Ikon is an automatic so it's not a big deal. I still think we could look at the Big 3 in Canada (really just Lake Louise and Banff) and push it to the end of March. I think conditions hold up pretty well there. @Jilly @Jenny - what do you know?

Banff holds up well through April.

Jenny

Angel Diva

The times I’ve been in Banff have been January (so cold!) and April, which was wonderful.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Any fresh snow in April? I have been to Banff/Lake Louise in late January and it was freezing COLD.

What about Whistler/Blackcomb? Certainly not past mid March..... Late January would be good and still get fresh snow. I've been on approx 6 trips to Whistler and it's super fun! Vibrant village, walk to accommodations (both W and B), great restaurants...... the downside can be the weather though. Base is only 2k ft and it can rain...
Only once out of my 6 times did it rain in the village....
@Christy @kiki , thoughts?

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

But how is the Poutine?

Jilly

Staff member
But how is the Poutine?

The only place to get Poutine, is in the Quebec off a food truck...

I'm not sure what I'm doing about employment next winter, so timing may not matter to me.
However - I vowed after the last trip to Whistler I would never be back. VR has ruined it for me. There are so many other places to ski and some (like Jay) are not on any pass.

I will be getting Ikon, as I need to ski to Tremblant full time. At the moment I'm renting the condo again next year.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I like the idea of Whistler or Banff/LL. Haven’t been to any of those and they are all on my list to ski eventually. Though I could also be very happy going back to Big Sky or a number of other places as well. :smile: Or are we in a place to get back to trying for a Diva Europe??

I would personally prefer to do timing in the West that gives us the best chance for great snow based on location selection versus working around the Eastern event timing that can always be a bigger crapshoot. We’ve had March Diva Easts where the snow still stinks because it’s in a thaw freeze cycle already etc.. I also kind of like having the Western trip later in the season to look forward to and have more ski days on my legs. Next season in particular I’ll be hopefully doing my 5 week sabbatical later in the season, so while I would plan to make Diva West a part of that if the timing works out, I am less likely to do an Eastern trip in March as part of that since my objective is getting out of the East for a long stretch.

Last edited:

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I won't go back to Whistler either. Too crowded, too cloudy, can be too wet. There are many places in the BC Interior that are way better! (But somewhat harder to get to) Banff might be good.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
:smile: Or are we in a place to get back to trying for a Diva Europe??
Haven't been since 2019..... now that's a thought, but personally I would do more than a one week trip. From the west coast, jet lag is a real thing. I'd probably do 2 to 2 1/2 weeks....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga