• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last trip I used my Arcteryx Atom LT hoodie under my shell, a combo I hadn't worn in a while.
I forgot how much love I have for my Atom hoodie.

So while picking up stove fuel at REI I wandered up stairs and sampled a few jackets.

All I can say is they ruined the jacket. The new version is hideous. :eek:
More of an outer layer than inner. The side panel is stiff, feels gross. Such bummer
Now I am scrambling to try to find something from 2 seasons ago in a color I'm ok with...... :cry:
2018 had the bad zipper, 2019 was perfect, and I don't now what 2020 was like....
Fair warning for those who loved prior years fit......

lisamamot

Angel Diva
That is so sad @WaterGirl. On the flip side, I was doing a return at REI and wandered upstairs and tried on some of the Arcteryx shells (LT and AR?) and the fitness fabulous! I managed to get out the door without one, although a Patagonia R1 grid fleece hoodie followed me home with my dividend $ and 20% off coupon applied. I am still a returns-only work in progress, lol.

FayGoneAstray

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi! I just purchased my first hardshell ski jacket (Peak Performance Alpine in steel blue - I'm excited!! Anyone else love this brand? I've been stalking it!). I've only ever skied in an insulated jacket (Descente). I'm wanting advice on what layers to wear under it for Whistler skiing. I know this is very dependent on personal body temp but I'm wanting to look during the end of season sales for a deal. I stick to groomers mainly and run hot when I'm moving but my body quickly cools off on the chair. I already have merino base layers. What kind of mid layer should I look at? A puffer? I'm also a keen runner so anything that I can also run or hike in would be a bonus but not necessary. Thanks.

lisaski

Certified Ski Diva
I have the Flylow Foxy bibs in Lupine color and absolutely love them. Just saying.

I love Flylow womens ski wear! I have three of their jackets and three pairs of their pants. The jackets I have are two daphne jackets and one avery. They are insulated and are so light. They are cozy and warm and don't weigh me down. The pants I have are the daisy insulated pant - two of these and the nina shell pant for backcountry skiing. The cool thing about the nina pant is it has zip vents on each side of each leg. It really helps to keep me from overheating skinning the uptrack.

newboots

Angel Diva
I'm wanting advice on what layers to wear under it for Whistler skiing.

I run pretty hot too. And I know nothing about the temperature/wind/humidity at Whistler. But that won't prevent me from chiming in! :becky: I have skied at near-zero temps, below with a bit of wind chill, and I think a down sweater and some fleece (maybe a vest, maybe a pullover) in addition to your merinos would do it in such temps. (My jacket is lightly insulated, and in those temps I wore 2 merino baselayers and my down vest, instead of a silk layer, merino layer, and my fleece vest.) Hopefully, someone who knows something will offer some actual useful knowledge. :goodluck:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Hi! I just purchased my first hardshell ski jacket (Peak Performance Alpine in steel blue - I'm excited!! Anyone else love this brand? I've been stalking it!). I've only ever skied in an insulated jacket (Descente). I'm wanting advice on what layers to wear under it for Whistler skiing. I know this is very dependent on personal body temp but I'm wanting to look during the end of season sales for a deal. I stick to groomers mainly and run hot when I'm moving but my body quickly cools off on the chair. I already have merino base layers. What kind of mid layer should I look at? A puffer? I'm also a keen runner so anything that I can also run or hike in would be a bonus but not necessary. Thanks.

Congrats! We need a picture!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
YES!!!!!!

Really feature packed too - I have never heard of the brand, and tough to find in the states even online, but I will put it on my mental list for the future!

Highly durable shell jacket with all features you need for the backcountry ski adventures.
• Gore-Tex C-Knit
• Water repellent zippers,
• Fixed hood is compatible with ski helmet,
• Boa adjustment.
• Gore Tex stretch material for better movement
with hood,
• Articulated sleeves with wrist gaiters,
• Inside zip pocket at left side,
• Zipped sleeve pocket,
• Recco system,
• Zipped ventilation,
• Elastic draw string at bottom hem,
• Goggles viper inside chest pocket,
• Snow skirt
• Zip off sn wskirt with button-in system for attaching
to ski pants,
• Velcro adjustable cuffs

Also comes in Frosty Rose and Orange Alti
1617228866231.png

FayGoneAstray

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Really feature packed too - I have never heard of the brand, and tough to find in the states even online, but I will put it on my mental list for the future!

Highly durable shell jacket with all features you need for the backcountry ski adventures.
• Gore-Tex C-Knit
• Boa adjustment.
with hood,
• Zipped sleeve pocket,
• Recco system,
• Zipped ventilation,
• Snow skirt
to ski pants,

View attachment 15431
Swedish I think!? Popular at Whistler and was recommended to me as good quality / investment/ long lasting. I would have LOVED the frosty rose but alas none left. I bought on sale of course! Everyone raves about shells - I hope I love it. Gulp. Impulse buy.

newbieM

Angel Diva
I can’t wait to be a jacket slut ;)

If any of you need to purge of your jacket collection in order to make room in your closets I’m happy to help out with that problem. Newbie here and just starting to figure out what I like and need. So tempting.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

• Gore-Tex C-Knit
• Boa adjustment.
with hood,
• Zipped sleeve pocket,
• Recco system,
• Zipped ventilation,
• Snow skirt
to ski pants,

View attachment 15431
Now I remember a shop in Chamonix called Peak Performance. Really nice quality stuff !

FayGoneAstray

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@newbieM - Beware! We are enablers. If you post a "should I get this one, or that one" kinda question, the answer will usually be "get both!"
Thank you. I have jacket guilt - and this is only my second one. And it's a shell! I mean totally different so I had to buy while on sale - right!?! I'm waiting for the delivery so I can go hide it from my other half and have it magically appear on me when we go skiing next season...and pretend he knew about it.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Thank you. I have jacket guilt - and this is only my second one. And it's a shell! I mean totally different so I had to buy while on sale - right!?! I'm waiting for the delivery so I can go hide it from my other half and have it magically appear on me when we go skiing next season...and pretend he knew about it.

... and so it begins...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna