• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

First trip out west!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Also . . . if you are contemplating a backpack-type of boot bag, be aware that many are designed for men with wider shoulders . . .
Being petite is another reason I liked the Transpack vs the other options available when I bought the first one was the fit. Being able to use it without boots and helmet as a regular backpack has proved useful at times.

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have you considered if the Epic Day Pass doesn't anything for you for the holiday dates? At least in comparison to actual window rates for the 2-3 days that are blacked out. Although upgrading to Full Epic is probably the least expensive approach. Is that what you're going to do?
I bought my local in March, so to upgrade to a full epic I'd have to pay the current price and I'd lose my buddy passes. BUT I did learn today that epic local passes include 50% off window prices id you choose to ski on blackout dates, so that's what the current plan is.

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You are going to look like you have a lot of luggage if you show up with a roller and a boot bag, and may earn the wrath not only of the gate crew but your fellow travelers, especially on a full flight.

My thinking is, I usually fly with a backpack and a piece of carry on luggage anyway, so what does it matter to anyone else on my flight whether that backpack contains my laptop on a business trip or a pair of ski boots on vacation. Though I do have to measure still and see if the boot bag will fit under the seat!
Unfortunately, I'm going with some non-skiers, so I also have to be mindful to pack enough non ski clothes for all of the non skiing things they have planned. I'm not so good at the not skiing part! Lol

marzNC

Angel Diva
I bought my local in March, so to upgrade to a full epic I'd have to pay the current price and I'd lose my buddy passes. BUT I did learn today that epic local passes include 50% off window prices id you choose to ski on blackout dates, so that's what the current plan is.
Ah, didn't know that about the Buddy Passes. Epic options are pretty complicated.

Since you are going with non-skiers, given that slopes will undoubtedly be crowded on the black out days, perhaps a day off will make sense. Of course, really depends on the weather.

I really enjoyed the Olympic Museum in Park City. Requires a few hours to see everything. I did the tour that takes you up to the top of the ski jump. Gives a very different impression than the ski jump in Lake Placid.

Christy

Angel Diva
My thinking is, I usually fly with a backpack and a piece of carry on luggage anyway, so what does it matter to anyone else on my flight whether that backpack contains my laptop on a business trip or a pair of ski boots on vacation. Though I do have to measure still and see if the boot bag will fit under the seat!

Well , that's the thing. The personal item has to fit under your seat, and ski boot bags often don't. If yours does you are right, it won't matter to anyone else.

I put my street clothes in my ski bag and in my carry-on suitcase that contains both my boots and other stuff.

BonStarlet

Certified Ski Diva
Rats, I guess I am skiing alone again. LOL I will only be in the area from January 27 thru February 6.
Maybe @BonStarlet will come out to play? That is unless we end up in Taos. Or Telluride.
YES!!! Would be great to catch up! Also could be wiling to extend a few days of Buddy pass if helpful!

Last edited:

Kirstie

Diva in Training
Hello
I've just joined SkiDiva - I live in Brisbane, Australia and I am active on the Aussie ski forums.
I posted a question on a thread yesterday and the lovely marzNC recommended that I join SkiDiva and get to know you all so that I may eventually ask you my question.

However, this thread is so relevant that I hope you don't mind if I jump in early - here's my question:

We (me, my partner and miss 13) are going to Park City this year from Dec 25 to Jan 23rd.

I'm looking for a ski buddy as my family will be deserting me due to my inability to do double black diamonds at high speed!

If anyone loves to ride blues and the occasional black and really enjoys laughing and hot chocolates let me know if you'd like to join me. Or, if you know any good forums where I might be able to find like minded skiers to ski with - please can you point me in the right direction. Ski school is not an option due to lack of money!

Thanks

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hello
I've just joined SkiDiva - I live in Brisbane, Australia and I am active on the Aussie ski forums.
I posted a question on a thread yesterday and the lovely marzNC recommended that I join SkiDiva and get to know you all so that I may eventually ask you my question.

However, this thread is so relevant that I hope you don't mind if I jump in early - here's my question:

We (me, my partner and miss 13) are going to Park City this year from Dec 25 to Jan 23rd.

I'm looking for a ski buddy as my family will be deserting me due to my inability to do double black diamonds at high speed!

If anyone loves to ride blues and the occasional black and really enjoys laughing and hot chocolates let me know if you'd like to join me. Or, if you know any good forums where I might be able to find like minded skiers to ski with - please can you point me in the right direction. Ski school is not an option due to lack of money!

Thanks

@Kirstie Welcome to the forum! You'll love Park City!! Sorry I don't get to Utah until after you leave. I hope you have a great trip. See if they have a free mountain tour, it's always only on blue trails and great way to learn the Mt. Drink lots of water to help with Altitude and have TONS OF FUN!!!

suzanneda

Certified Ski Diva
@MilkyWookiee can’t stress enough staying well hydrated, some folks don’t like the taste, but I find pounding coconut Water, and minimizing alcohol intake, does the trick, enjoy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna