• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Killtec jacket - anyone have an opinion?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I really love my sos jacket, but there are times when I really need/want a powder skirt to keep the wind/snow from going up my back.
I have tried a bunch of jackets on, including some of the best names out there, and have had a difficult time finding a jacket that fills all the requirements I am demanding of it.
Fit, and size
Colour
pocket placement
powder skirt
hood that fits over my helmet, and detaches

There was a jacket that was red-ish(tomato, orangeish red) with some white accents. My little sister told me to try it, I ignored her.
After trying on a few that were okay but not "it" she said, TRY THIS!! holding up this killtec jacket again. DANG!!
It Fit
Has nice pocket placement
Hood fits over my helmet and detaches
and it has a powder skirt!
AND, here is the best part of it..............$150 less than all the other jackets I tried on!!!!:eek:

This jacket literature promises warmth, even though its called a soft shell. It seems to be very insulated, and warm, waterproof/windproof, and all the 'stuff' that goes along with it, but I can't help but ask.........is it too good to be true?
Does anyone have experience with Killtec?
This is the jacket, only a different colour

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, I dont know anything about the jacket, but I really like it!!! That black/white one would work for me! I'd love to hear how you make out with it if you get it!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I actually bought it because it was only available in two sizes and one of each size. I decided to snatch it up and return it if I didn't like it. I'll be wearing it this weekend so I'll let you know. SkiDiva said the ski shop she works in carries this brand, but not sure about this model. She may have a line on one for you.

I'll keep my eye open for the black one.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay, I did some searching. My jacket is the Killtec Malena. I usually wear a size 8 but the size 10 in this particular jacket afforded me the space for my camera and phone. 8 was a bit snug.

the jacket I can find most in the US is the Colleen.
I think this is the one Ski Diva said her shop has.
You can find the pic of it here.
https://www.activesportswearoutlet.com/ladies/womens_parkas/killtec_colleen_parka.htm
Hope this is a little helpful.

haylmom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm actually looking for a soft shell, so the jacket you bought is more along the lines of what i'm looking for! I can't wait to hear how warm it is!!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I did some searching. My jacket is the Killtec Malena. I usually wear a size 8 but the size 10 in this particular jacket afforded me the space for my camera and phone. 8 was a bit snug.

the jacket I can find most in the US is the Colleen.
I think this is the one Ski Diva said her shop has.
You can find the pic of it here.
https://www.activesportswearoutlet.com/ladies/womens_parkas/killtec_colleen_parka.htm
Hope this is a little helpful.

Actually, SnowHot, now that I look a the pictures again, it's the Malena we had in the shop, in black; not the Colleen (I thought the Colleen was a different jacket that I almost got :redface: ). And the Malena is terrific. No fooling. Looks great on everyone, too.

I really like the Killtec jackets. They give you a lot for the money.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually, SnowHot, now that I look a the pictures again, it's the Malena we had in the shop, in black; not the Colleen (I thought the Colleen was a different jacket that I almost got :redface: ). And the Malena is terrific. No fooling. Looks great on everyone, too.

I really like the Killtec jackets. They give you a lot for the money.
There you go Halymom!!
Get SkiDiva to ship it to you and you're all set.
I honestly couldn't believe this jacket with all its features for THAT price!

greekpeakskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
what about killy jackets?

the t.j. maxx in my town have a bunch of killy jackets for about a hundred bucks. they seem great and i did a search on them, but my concern is waterproofing. my shell is not top end goretex and i am coming home sopping wet this year. given that, i am a bit reluctant to buy anything that is not reviewed all over the internet as something that will keep me dry even if i, uh, ski in the rain.

anyone own a killy jacket?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
the t.j. maxx in my town have a bunch of killy jackets for about a hundred bucks. they seem great and i did a search on them, but my concern is waterproofing. my shell is not top end goretex and i am coming home sopping wet this year. given that, i am a bit reluctant to buy anything that is not reviewed all over the internet as something that will keep me dry even if i, uh, ski in the rain.

anyone own a killy jacket?
I actually bought the one I was looking at because I didn't want to miss out on it.
I'm planning on skiing with it this weekend.
I can tell you that I took it from the shop to the car and then into my house on Sunday when it was pouring rain here. The jacket shed the water nicely for those moments. We'll see what happens when it is subjected to a long day of slop.
I will post a review when I get a chance to wear it on the slopes.

Oh, and one more thing I like about it, is the snow sleeves(not sure of the term) I like the sleeve that comes down with the thumb hole to keep from getting snow and slop up your sleeve.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Killtec-Marlena-Damenjacke_01.jpg
[/URL]

I have personally never heard of this brand but I did break down this fall and do something I have not even considerred in 20 years. Which was an insulated shell for on area. It is a softshell also with 2ply over the shoulder chest area. I have found it to be very waterproof and it's incredibly warm. I have skied about 10 storm days with both wind and snow in it and found I only need to wear my regulator underneath it. In fact I am wondering what I am going to do when it warms up, it's just getting to the point of too warm at the bottom of the hill now. But then again we have 2600 feet of continuous vertical, so it's a good 2 mile stretch at least and it's just hard to find the perfect combination for that when you are getting right back on the chair after you do get warmed up. So far though it has been the closest to perfect I have found though you should be very happy with this jacket. Sounds like you got a good deal too!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just looked at the price tag on mine. I paid 179.00 retail.
That is a killer price for anything of quality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga