• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Yea!!! My new Chairlift Swing! :D

snowmiser

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
way cool, love it, kudos for all of the work.

I tried to get one of the Millicent chairs, but they went fast. lucky you.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I love it. I am adding this to the list of things I am going to put in my future yard. Already on the list: seats from a baseball stadium.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I kicked myself hard for missing out on the chairs from the "old" Lenawee Lift at Abasin. Now after seeing your pic, I'm kicking myself again!:Cry:

snowmiser

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought I had missed out last year when they ripped an old lift down. They sent it all to the scrap yard. Fortunatly, I have a friend that was able to dig one out of the ski area graveyard for me. It needed a whole lot of work, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out! I wish I could have figured out how to post the pictures without you having to click on the link. I'll figure it out one of these days.

ride_ski

Angel Diva
That looks great. Where did you get the "post" it's hanging from? The reason I ask is that we have a chair from a mountain here in NH (Temple Mtn) that we bought when they cleared everything out. Making a swing has been on "the list" of things to do- for a few years now, but it hasn't made it up to the top yet. We need to make a few runs to Home Depot as well because the wood isn't in great shape

Your picture makes me want to get moving on that project.

snowmiser

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My husband runs a concrete plant and the beam is off an old truck. Before he found the beam, we went looking at Home Depot and they had some steel pipe that we considered using. Free is always better though! :becky:

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So cool! We want one someday but they're always being sold for a few hundred dollars around here when chairs are taken out of service.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Wow! Excellent! :clap: Love it. That's an old Riblet, no? Beautiful job - enjoy :thumbsup:

snowmiser

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes MSL! It's an old Riblet! Thanks! I'm Loving it!!!! So is my little girl! :D

carlyonchair.jpg

MaryLou

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can't view the pic from work ( :mad: ) - will look later. Dying to see how you did it. I have an old Sunday River triple. We've taken the wood off (rotted), bought new wood (mahogony) and bolts, but DH still has to cut it wood down to size. Have it primed, and have black paint - I think the black and natural wood will go well (original was dark brown, blech). We have a covered porch at SR to hang it, will fit perfect, but it's so heavy we have to reinforce the roof. Already taken a year (lol) but I'm hoping to get it done for ski season. Have to remember to put the original # back on it - was the year of my HS graduation lol (feel like it was destiny it's mine).

Was a PITA to get, transport, yadda yadda, but so worth it. If anyone has the chance to get something similar, DO IT - even if it sits for awhile. I've seen 3 complete ones from this batch that was given away and they look awesome!

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think that is one of the coolest things I've ever seen!! :laughter: I want one! I want one!! :yahoo: You need to start selling those things.

Maybe we'll have to get together sometime this summer too. :eyebrows:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga