• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

XC near Tremblant?

ling

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I seem to recall the Laurentien region is pretty well known as a xc mecca of the northeast. But I'm having trouble finding specific information on where the trails are etc.

I notice a few on this board are from that area. Perhaps you can point me to the right source? Or just suggest where to go?

Looking for blue/black level trails, 15-20km loop give or take. Good view would be a bonus.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Check out this: https://www.laurentides.com/en/cross-country-skiing-and-snowshoeing-laurentians.

Depends what kind of skiing you're looking for. There are centres near Tremblant, but many excellent ones that are an hour away (or less). Some centres have more flat stuff, others more hills. There's backcountry available but you have to know where to find it - and be able to ski it! Maybe best to check out individual centres' websites. If you have specific questions, I'll provide what info I can.

ling

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Strictly groomed trails, classic only.

Will look into the various centers. Which one would have the most blue & rolling trails that I should look first?

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Hard to say. There are really so many. Parc des Campeurs at Ste-Agathe has some lovely rolling trails. In general, I would say the Morin-Heights trails are more difficult. The St. Bernard centre near Tremblant has some easy stuff, I think. Also in the Parc Tremblant, the centre at lac Monroe has some nice trails. Where do you plan to stay? You might want to check out places closish to there.

ling

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Plan to stay in Tremblant, mixing downhill and xc.

I looked at their trail map online. It seems it's either mostly green or mostly black (valley and mountains?) Nothing in between...

I don't much like greens (too flat, have to work all the time with no downhill to rest), and I prefer not to do all black day after day after day (ok, maybe only 2 days) either -- have to plow to slow down on the descend.

Trying to look for a balance, preferably rolling hills, with a bit of ups and downs but not climbing mountains. I know, picky, picky, picky... Just thought you might know off the top of your head.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna