• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Would You Consider Using A Ski Nanny?

Would you use a Ski Nanny to ski with your 6 to 12 year old?

• No

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes, and I would be willing to pay $10/hr., $40 minimum

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yes, but $10 per hour would be too expensive

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What have done in the past is take favorite teenage babysitter with us and paid her expenses w a little extra. She was a known entity and the kids loved her. My second thought on reading this is that anyone who might hire "ski nanny" probably already has a nanny for their kids.

One of my friends first came here as an au pair and one of the requirements were that she could ski, the family even paid for her lessons when she could no longer keep up with 6 and 10 year olds.

m185

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmmm...I have twin boys that can easily out ski me on ANY terrain except maybe the easier runs as I'm heavier than they are LOL. My kids would love their own personal ski guide so that they could explore mountains without having to wait for me to join them as I can't keep up with them (9 now) but my issue would how would I know that they were qualified enough to ski safely down the runs that my boys want to do and that my boys will actually listen to them?

Ski school you know what you are getting - at their level their instructors are usually Level 3 qualified and my kids have great fun with them. While the idea of a ski nanny is great - I'd be concerned about the kids being able to literally ski circles around them LOL

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't know about ski nannies, but I have a couple of friends that are former ski instructors (one is PSIA Level III and the other Level II) that work under the table to hang out with kids on the mountain.

eSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would definitely (an I'm in the mid atlantic so if you start the service I'll come up to Roundtop). My DS is 7 and I can easily see him out skiing me before he turns 9.
Depending on the terrain I'm not completely comfortable that if he gets in trouble that I'm a good enough skier to catch him or help him. So I would love for someone to ski with him or even let them be responsible for him while I ski.

$10/hour is a great rate. I would want the person to be a certified ski instructor and know first aid.

marta

Angel Diva
Yes. My sister and brother in law who don't ski, used some sort of ski-nanny service at their small local hill to keep our 8yo nephew out on the slopes, so that he's skiing on days when we can't take him. She says it's a great deal. The way she explained it the instructor can be hired for the remainder of the day as a babysitter, but I'm not sure the details.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga