• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Would love thoughts on Black Crows Captis Birdies

KWlovessnow

Angel Diva
Hello all. I have been stalking this forum for awhile and have learned so much! Thanks! I just purchased a new pair of Captis Birdies, but they are sitting in my garage wrapped as I decide if I want to keep them. I am an advanced skier 5'7" 150 pounds and like to ski a bit of everything. I ski primarily Michigan but go to Colorado every year. I currently ski a 2015 Volkl Yumi and really like it, but want something a touch wider for Colorado and a bit more playful. I'm planning on keeping the Yumis, and finally having a 2 ski quiver! There's not much online about the Captis Birdies, so was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Captis Birdies. Bought them this season without demoing based on my size, skill, and need.

1. 5'2 @94 lbs. 2. Lower advanced skier by resort levels ( 7 )---however I consider myself a strong intermediate as I lack skill in most ungroomed terrain.

3. Need was for a light maneuverable ski for me to take into chopped powder and fresh powder if not too deep. I struggle in these elements and wanted a tool to learn.

The ski has been awesome. I also bought them short. My groomer skis are longer for overall stability, but the 90-waist Birdie is 149 and perfectly suited for my size.

Since you already have the ski , what is it that makes you hesitate to use it? The Camox Birdies seem to be more popular around here. Your body stats are in a range that will accommodate to so many great skis. Why not demo a few to dial in your preferences if you can?

lisamamot

Angel Diva
@badger nice to hear you like your Captis Birdies! Black Crows demos are so hard to find and there aren’t a lot of reviews on them.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@KWlovessnow I just bough the Captis for DD - they are a more fun all mountain ski - depending on what your view of fun is. Im biased, the older camox birdie is my daily driver.
Out of curiosity what size yumi do you have and what size capris did you get?

KWlovessnow

Angel Diva
I have the Captis Birdies. Bought them this season without demoing based on my size, skill, and need.

1. 5'2 @94 lbs. 2. Lower advanced skier by resort levels ( 7 )---however I consider myself a strong intermediate as I lack skill in most ungroomed terrain.

3. Need was for a light maneuverable ski for me to take into chopped powder and fresh powder if not too deep. I struggle in these elements and wanted a tool to learn.

The ski has been awesome. I also bought them short. My groomer skis are longer for overall stability, but the 90-waist Birdie is 149 and perfectly suited for my size.

Since you already have the ski , what is it that makes you hesitate to use it? The Camox Birdies seem to be more popular around here. Your body stats are in a range that will accommodate to so many great skis. Why not demo a few to dial in your preferences if you can?

Thanks for the info! I'm hesitant because I tend to overthink everything I buy! I have also never bought skis without demoing, but it will be hard to demo these based on being a smaller brand and my schedule. The owner of the ski shop I go to thinks these would be a great ski for me, they were on sale, and only had one pair left in the length I wanted. I think I will go ahead and pull the trigger on these!

KWlovessnow

Angel Diva
@KWlovessnow I just bough the Captis for DD - they are a more fun all mountain ski - depending on what your view of fun is. Im biased, the older camox birdie is my daily driver.
Out of curiosity what size yumi do you have and what size capris did you get?

Thanks for the info! I have the Yumi in a 161 and the Black Crows in a 164. I demoed a 154 and it felt a little too short for my tastes.

slyfox4

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I demoed the Artis Birdies at Jackson Hole this past week and loved them in the pow.
YAY! I am happy you loved them! They are my FAVORITE ski ever.

I demoed the Captis early this season. I found that they weren't as playful as I wanted, but could for sure push them around. I rode them primarily on groomers and some snow that was push around on the sides. I ride the Vertis Birdies as my groomer/frontside carver ski, and they are stiffer than the Camox and Captis, and are an 87 in the waist (I think). If you're looking for something more playful and wider, I would try to demo the Camox Birdies. I know quite a few girls who ride the Camox as their one quiver ski. I'd say in terms of stiffness -> playfulness, it's the Vertis, Captis, Camox, then the Atris as the fat boys who come to play in the pow.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga