• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

World's 25 Best Ski Towns

Jenny

Angel Diva
Three - and Zermat was before I even skied.

With any luck at all I'll add one in March . . .

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been to... 6 of these: Tremblant (of course), as well as Stowe, Whistler, Banff, Wanaka, and... North Conway??? (WTF is North Conway doing on the list? There's nothing there but outlet shopping!)

To be fair, I've only skied at 3 out of the 6 - Tremblant, Stowe and Whistler. The others, I was there for other reasons or out of season.

I guess I'd best get travelling, eh?

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pretty excited to see both Stowe and North Conway on there. My grandparents have a house in North Conway, so even though I didn't learn how to ski until I was an adult, we spent many a vacation up there doing other winter activities and shopping of course. And now I live in Stowe. I have eaten at both Horsefeathers and had many an apres beer at the Matterhorn.

deannatoby

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That first Alaska pic freaks me out. Is he skiing or falling to his death? Brave people out there.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been to 11, but 6 of the towns were in the off season. I skied Zermatt on the glacier in summer 5 times to make up for it, though.

SkiNana

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

So . . . I numbered a piece of paper to 26, because I was going to add Big Sky to MY list, by damn!!!

And Bozeman was number three on National Geographic's list? WTF? Oh, that's FUNNY!! :laugh:

Even then, I've only been to twelve, unless I get to count Bozeman over and over . . . . and only two outside the U.S. and Canada.

Powder Hound

Certified Ski Diva
Little Lightning, 17 is impressive!

I've been to three, hoping to add a 4th in March. There are 4 that I've been trying to go to for awhile now, just never seems to happen. But that would still only get me to 7......17! WOW, the stories you must have!

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do I detect a North American Bias?:wink:

I think I do...........if you're thinking about the town at the bottom of the slope as well as the skiing
What about:
Verbier, Meribel, Val D'Isere, Courchevel, St Anton, Megeve, Courmayeur.....

Christy

Angel Diva
13, but only skied 6. I've been in Taos, Bend, Bozeman, Zermatt, Banff, Telluride, and Jackson for hiking or sightseeing.

And Bozeman was number three on National Geographic's list? WTF? Oh, that's FUNNY!!

They don't seem to be ranked--I think it's just top 25 (probably saves them endless letters that say, "you ranked X in front of Y???"). Of course if they were ranked Ketchum would have been #1. :smile:

Definitely an NA bias.

SkiNana

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They don't seem to be ranked--I think it's just top 25 (probably saves them endless letters that say, "you ranked X in front of Y???"). Of course if they were ranked Ketchum would have been #1. :smile:

Definitely an NA bias.

I was referring to the fact that it was on there . . . with Zermatt, Chamonix, Banff, even Stowe and cute little Steamboat!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Been to four in summer, Zermatt, Cham,Whitefish, Bend.
Been to five in winter, Crested Butte, Aspen, Park City, Truckee, Ketchum,
Have a bike park trip to Whistler all planned in May and am blessed to call Jackson home!
Japan is on the very short list of ski destinations.

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Six!

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Been to (for skiing):
Whitefish (where I live!)
Bozeman
Aspen
Park City
Whistler
North Conway (eons ago, stayed in a DOC cabin off the highway and melted snow for our water...)
Banff
Steamboat
Telluride
Stowe

And...learned to ski NEAR Kitzbuehel (in the Kitzbuehel "district") and have been to it, but never skied there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga