• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Woods and Vonn an item

mustski

Angel Diva
In the end, their chosen professions require a certain amount of distance from each other and THAT is only interesting for a short time. In the long run, long distance relationships don't work. Theirs was extended by her injury.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I normally don't get interested in who is dating whom. I think it is sad when the media reports this as some kind of news. But when I heard this on the 'news' this morning, my first thought was that the announcement was a carefully worded, no fault, press release.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This was interesting to read through a few years after the fact. I don't really care who athletes or celebrities date, but I would agree with the above sentiment that Lindsey is not the most eloquent of speakers. I think this is common with pro and high-level athletes who have spent their entire lives doing focusing on one thing (and may or may not have even gone to college). When I'm not watching ski movies I also watch a lot of ballet and dance documentaries, and it's the same thing. It's always a little disappointing to hear principals and soloists from very famous companies talk about their body of work.

Here's a video from just a few weeks ago where, at the end of the clip, Seth Meyers asks LV about her new foundation, and the pitch is pretty uninspiring: https://larrybrownsports.com/golf/lindsey-vonn-admits-she-hates-golf/260186

Plus, she doesn't like golf.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm glad this thread got bumped because I got to see a more thorough discussion of the terms asshat, asshattery and assclown than I've seen in years.

I'm not one to keep up on celebrity dating etc, so I don't really have anything to add on the topic. I don't often feel like we have a good idea of what's really going on in the relationships of people we know personally, so public figures private lives are definitely beyond me.

altagirl

Staff member
This was interesting to read through a few years after the fact. I don't really care who athletes or celebrities date, but I would agree with the above sentiment that Lindsey is not the most eloquent of speakers. I think this is common with pro and high-level athletes who have spent their entire lives doing focusing on one thing (and may or may not have even gone to college). When I'm not watching ski movies I also watch a lot of ballet and dance documentaries, and it's the same thing. It's always a little disappointing to hear principals and soloists from very famous companies talk about their body of work.

Here's a video from just a few weeks ago where, at the end of the clip, Seth Meyers asks LV about her new foundation, and the pitch is pretty uninspiring: https://larrybrownsports.com/golf/lindsey-vonn-admits-she-hates-golf/260186

Plus, she doesn't like golf.

Hah, well, I have to admit, she IS a good girlfriend for watching golf. That sounds interminably boring. And I rarely even go watch my husband's mountain bike races. (To be fair, he generally didn't go to my races if he wasn't racing either... way too many hours of standing around for a split second of "oh, there he goes"). I don't think either of us make good spectators...

But yes - I have no earthly idea what her foundation does. I don't know that I blame that on her not being a good speaker, or there being nothing of substance that her foundation does to talk about, though.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Many of you probably know this already since it's been just about everywhere, but it turns out they broke up because Tiger cheated on Lindsey with a prostitute. What a shock! :faint:

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I 'm not interested in the personal lives of the rich and famous. Ever. But when this can be used to make a point to women, I'm all for it.

The message that Vonn sends to women everywhere is, "No matter how rich or famous or good looking someone is, stick to your core beliefs. Even if you love him, be true to your ideals. If he betrays your trust, move on. You cannot change him, he must change himself."

As opposed to the message that men hear: "Meh, I don't drink or do drugs, so what's wrong with a getting some with prostitute? I have needs. It might not be right, but hey, we're not married. What's the problem?"

Jenny

Angel Diva
Sadly, even if you don't care about their personal lives, you can't escape some of it. I absolutely HATE that I know the Kardashians exist, but I still couldn't pick them out of a crowd (mostly). I might know that it's one of them, but I honestly couldn't tell you which one is which. So at least there's that.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't watch the 'reality' shows (although I will admit to watching the Duggars occasionally). I have never read a People magazine, either. I just have no interest in that stuff. I have zero knowledge of celebrity trivia.

BUT…you want me on your Trivial Pursuit team if you want history, geography, politics, or music. I amaze my husband all the time with all the useless bits of information I have accumulated over the years.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna