• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Women's Wine Hiking Society

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Remember the hollow ski poles you could fill with your favorite aperitif? Going back to the 80's again w/this one.

• Love
Reactions: AJM

Jilly

Staff member
Remember the hollow ski poles you could fill with your favorite aperitif? Going back to the 80's again w/this one.
I think Leki might still make those.
I remember plastic canes at the Quebec Carnival. Now that's 70's!
My DH was one to carry a flask while skiing. It usually had some concoction he'd come up with. And he had little cups - like the pill ones you get. No swigs out of his.

I can't drink and do anything except eat. Skiing, biking, any sport with co-ordination. Apres - wouldn't mind one at all.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m in CA right now and went golfing with 3 women I’d never met before yesterday. At around the 3rd hole the woman I was sharing a cart with asked if I drank, and I was like yeah sure. She takes out a package of fireball nips and starts handing them out to everyone. It was fun to sip for the rest of the round along with the massive amount of water I drank. It’s much warmer and drier than MA right now, and I was surprised by how much water I needed versus my usual back home for 9 holes. :thumb:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think Leki might still make those.
I remember plastic canes at the Quebec Carnival. Now that's 70's!
My DH was one to carry a flask while skiing. It usually had some concoction he'd come up with. And he had little cups - like the pill ones you get. No swigs out of his.

I can't drink and do anything except eat. Skiing, biking, any sport with co-ordination. Apres - wouldn't mind one at all.
I don't think Leki does but there was an off brand I saw floating around. They were kind of cheap poles and a bit of a gimmick

Amie H

Angel Diva
RE: the N/A products that are out there today
My husband's cousin has been a wine broker her entire career, and she told us last Christmas that N/A is the fastest growing segment in her industry right now.

That said, if I don't want to drink I don't do N/A bc it's still got calories. I'm a Sparkling water & lime kinda mocktail gal! (Trying to trim down before my daughter's wedding Sept 2024!)

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
RE: the N/A products that are out there today
My husband's cousin has been a wine broker her entire career, and she told us last Christmas that N/A is the fastest growing segment in her industry right now.

That said, if I don't want to drink I don't do N/A bc it's still got calories. I'm a Sparkling water & lime kinda mocktail gal! (Trying to trim down before my daughter's wedding Sept 2024!)

I’m the same … if I’m doing N/A it’s going to be coffee. Tea, or water.
Same here.
I also like a diet gingerale as well, though I have cut out all other soda, diet or otherwise, almost entirely.
I do like my diet verneros when I can find it.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You can find it outside of MI? That's DH's pop of choice, too.
I can find it at a few grocery stores in Colorado in 12 pack.
In my area I can only find it at one location, in the drink mixer aisle in 6 packs and its very expensive.

When I'm in Michigan I'll stock up and buy something liek 12 12 packs.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love, love, love, Bai Molokai Coconut, but it contains erythritol and I'm reading bad things. I've been sticking with water lately, but I can't say it gives me the same smile.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna