• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Women only ski classes help to grow the sport

WhyKnot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah, I was about to come post the same! Great article - a must read!

Hey Divas: I recommend to steer clear of the comments on that article :smile: the comments make me so happy THIS forum exists. :smile:

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Great article! Emily is awesome - very personable, professional, and a great instructor. Would love to do their Women of Whitetail program but it's just not lined up with my work schedule. I've done two Women's Days that Emily leads and they've been so much fun. I loved being with a group of supportive women. Like the article mentioned, we encouraged each other and also talk about challenges outside of skiing without any judgement. Bummed no program for this winter but that's probably for the best with a 4mo old in tow now putting a dent in ski plans for this year, which of course are compounded by COVID concerns.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Great article. Comments were just as you'd expect. :doh:

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Grateful for once that I can't access the comments.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
I took a look at the comments and they were what I had expected. Folks cried if there was a men’s only group, people would have a fit. Whitetail in fact has a men’s only ski group. It met at the same time as the women’s. It wasn’t uncommon for the wife to go off to the women’s group and the husband to the men’s and the meet up later in the day. If our schedules had worked out, my husband and I would have done this. If they were offering mena only and not a corresponding women’s only and there was interest, then I’d have an issue. Likewise with a women’s only and no mens group. If there is interest, why not have separate groups.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna