• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Who has skied Revelstoke?

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Above the Stoke chair is in good shape, glades are starting to fill in (although still early season conditions). Stoke base to about half way down to the mid-station is pretty good, below that it's a bit p-tex inducing...

RuthB

Angel Diva
We're on day four today. It started snowing Sunday as all the holiday crowds left. It has snowed 20+ cm per day over the last two days. Things are filling in very nicely. At the base the snow falling has been pretty wet bordering on rain at times - but it is building the base. Up top it is creamy rather than champagne powder and today it was consistently knee deep. Very few scraped off sections.

We have been skiing to the base via pitch black (all except the very last pitch which is probably fine, just looks like a bit of muesli at the top of the last pitch). The very bottom of the cat track was pretty horrible today though. Very compacted and grippy snow.

The trees are in good shape for skiing. Although judging by the amount of ski patrol activity today the landings have been a bit firmer than many thought.

Finally, I can confirm that the bathrooms at the bottom of stoke are flush, clean and have running hot water, soap, hand towels and dryers.

And some pictures. Not too sure of which is which, but I think that these are from monkey bars, back 40 and tally ho.

20180109_085513.jpg 20180107_085546_014_01.jpg 20180107_082831-1.jpg

Attachments

• 20180109_085513.jpg
    20180109_085513.jpg
    825.1 KB · Views: 0

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's been a really good couple of days hasn't it? We skied our legs off on Monday, in case Tuesday was a washout, but then Tuesday was awesome again and I had aches in muscles I didn't know I had on that last run down at the end of the day.

Number 2 is definitely Monkey Bars, I reckon 1 is Tally Ho.

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just saw your post, and you'll be there round about now -- but Revelstoke is fantastic. We've been twice for week-long bursts -- in Jan 2010, and again last Jan (2017). I can't imagine not going there again, if we're lucky enough to get back to Canada. The first time we went, we had three days of lessons with the same instructor, so got to know a bit about the terrain and where to go, whereas last year we pretty much winged it and still found our way around. We were somewhat lazier this time and didn't bother with the hike up to Greely Bowl since the snow was good enough elsewhere that we didn't feel the need. Also, it was very cold for much of that week -- temps hit -32C at the top of the Stoke chair one day, and we were struggling to cope. I've got a couple of pictures from Kill the Banker (the waterfall run under the gondola) that I'll try to unearth and post here. It wasn't the easiest run to stop and take pictures from, but at least it was a bit warmer than higher up the mountain, and there are a couple of nice pics of my DH and the gorgeous scenery.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We got in this afternoon! Can’t wait to head up to the mountain tomorrow. We were going to check out the aquatic center but our 3 am alarm caught up with us (NTS - don't let the DH choose flights because he picks ones that leave at 6 am), so we’re crashing early.

kasuncion6

Certified Ski Diva
We got in this afternoon! Can’t wait to head up to the mountain tomorrow. We were going to check out the aquatic center but our 3 am alarm caught up with us (NTS - don't let the DH choose flights because he picks ones that leave at 6 am), so we’re crashing early.

Watching this thread and looking forward to your reports! I'm headed there in mid-February.

Where are you staying and for how long? I'm currently looking for lodging and there are almost no vacancies for the time I will be there, which has me a bit worried. might have to end up spending $$$$ for a few nights. I think the reason for this housing shortage is the fact that we will be there during Family Day, which is a major Canadian holiday.

k

kasuncion6

Certified Ski Diva
Family Day in BC is also the American Presidents Day holiday. Double holiday whammy.

Hmm, I thought Family Day was Feb.12 in BC and Feb.19th in the eastern provinces. I booked my trip to try an avoid the holiday crowds, but oh well! I guess we'll just have to deal.

Christy

Angel Diva
Oh, you're right that BC does family day differently. Alberta and the rest of Canada have it on the same day as Presidents' Day.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@kasuncion6 We are staying at the Revelstoke Lodge. Their rates were reasonable when we booked, the location is pretty good, and the ratings on tripadvisor seemed mostly good. Our room is a bit small when you factor in ski gear, but manageable for two people. It’s clean, which I appreciate! There is no continental breakfast, but there are microwaves and small refrigerators in the rooms, which gives us enough flexibility to do breakfasts and lunches on our own. And it’s only a block from the grocery store!

I started a trip report in the reports forum.

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmm, I thought Family Day was Feb.12 in BC and Feb.19th in the eastern provinces. I booked my trip to try an avoid the holiday crowds, but oh well! I guess we'll just have to deal.

Which weekend are you there? I'll be there the 19th & 20th.

kasuncion6

Certified Ski Diva
@kasuncion6 We are staying at the Revelstoke Lodge. Their rates were reasonable when we booked, the location is pretty good, and the ratings on tripadvisor seemed mostly good. Our room is a bit small when you factor in ski gear, but manageable for two people. It’s clean, which I appreciate! There is no continental breakfast, but there are microwaves and small refrigerators in the rooms, which gives us enough flexibility to do breakfasts and lunches on our own. And it’s only a block from the grocery store!

I started a trip report in the reports forum.

Cool. Revelstoke has almost zero vacancies at the moment and I just managed to cobble together a few nights between some budge options: The Cube and Powder Springs Inn. I hope they are both clean!

I'll start following your trip report!

Hope the weather clears up soon so you can take in the views.

k

kasuncion6

Certified Ski Diva
Which weekend are you there? I'll be there the 19th & 20th.

Doh, we'll just be missing each other. The plan at the moment is to arrive on Feb.15, ski 16, 17, then we fly back via Kelowna on the 18th...any chance of coming any earlier? Wou;d be nice to meet up with peeps. This will be my first time in the region. So excited! Love Canada.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We have a couple of nights at the Cube at the end of the week. It’s apparently a glorified hostel. We rode the lift today with a couple of Aussies who are staying there and they said it’s clean. They also said, “oh you're from Colorado so you won’t mind all the weed smoke.” Ok. Noted.

kc.sydney

Certified Ski Diva
Dang! I arrive on the 24th Feb and fly out of Kelowna on March 2nd... looks like we will all be missing eachother!

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Doh, we'll just be missing each other. The plan at the moment is to arrive on Feb.15, ski 16, 17, then we fly back via Kelowna on the 18th...any chance of coming any earlier? Wou;d be nice to meet up with peeps. This will be my first time in the region. So excited! Love Canada.

Hmm. I'm skiing at Kicking Horse the 16th-18th with my family. I know they're not interested in going to Revy (they went last year, and have discounts at KH). If it was one more day earlier I could make it work but it'll be tough to get there for Saturday.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@kasuncion6

FYI on The Cube: I’m liking it better than I expected. We checked in yesterday. It is very clean and everything looks new-ish and well-maintained. They have a full kitchen for guests to use, with limited refrigerator space. The continental breakfast is a big carb-fest - no protein - but I supplemented with yogurt and berries I bought earlier in the week. It’s only 1 1/2 blocks from the aquatic center which we are loving.

The biggest problem is that the rooms are ridiculously, absurdly small. You have a bit of space to walk around the bed, and an enclosed toilet and small sink in one corner. Fortunately they have a separate “hot room” where you can store skis, boards and boots, but even so, space is tight when you factor in winter clothing. I can’t imagine staying here with kids.

They have posted “quiet hours” starting at 10 pm. All of the downstairs rooms are just off of the main common room where people were gathered, and the noise lasted a bit later than that, but it wasn’t like a massive party or anything. That was Friday night, so probably typical of a weekend. Noise definitely carries though, both from the common area and between rooms. It wasn’t awful but it was noticeable.

The Powder Springs Inn is just across the street, so it’ll be an easy move. Also, this location is pretty great. The whole town is small and very walkable, but this is really close to all of the restaurants and ski shops.

As long as you keep your expectations reasonable, I think you’ll like it just fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna