• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Where do you keep your ski pass while skiing?

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where do you keep your ski pass after it is scanned?

SuZieCoyote

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Left front pocket of my jacket. I just point and they scan; makes things easier. Pass is always in my pocket and I never leave it behind.

Jilly

Staff member
Left pocket too. They need to see it and scan. Then back in pocket and safe.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a clip in my right jacket pocket, so the pass is clipped onto that. It's long enough that I can pull it out if it needs to be looked at, but we also don't need to take ours out for scanning.

frenchgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ours is not scanned. It is put in a "pocket" and has a wide elastic on the back. So people put it on their arm or leg. It has to be visible at all times.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Right pant pocket. Both pairs of pants are TNF which have these neat little clip things. One part is on a split ring with both passes (Epic and Copper) so it can move back and forth between pants. Epic pass does not have to come out for scanning but Copper does so it keeps it handy and doesn't take up space in jacket pockets or risk things falling out of jacket pockets when pulling out the pass.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My pass is on a lanyard, which I keep around my neck. It's actually more than my pass - it's also my employee ID. I need it everyday to clock in and out, and to log into whichever scanner I'm using that day. When I ski, it's not that big of a deal to get it out from my first layer and have it ready for scanning at our scanning lifts. After a scan, it just goes back under my jacket zipper until needed again.
We had a few guests today swear at us (my one co-worker was called a "f**ker" several times in a few seconds by one guest who was upset he had to pull out his RFID card because he decided to go through the scanning line instead of the RFID gate.
Honestly, I don't care where you keep your card as long as you have it READY TO SCAN when you reach a scanner. You've had time in the lift line to get it out, why did you wait until you get right up to me, then start searching for it??? When lines are long, that kind of behavior just makes the lines even longer. OOPS, sorry - can you tell I had a bad at the lift lines today???

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My ski pass is in a small pocket on my left underarm. I my jacket/one piece suit does not have an forearm pocket the pass has to go in the left pocket on my pants. Most resorts have hands free scanners .... and the scanner is always on the left side.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We're still on the visual system, so it goes in a pouch band on our legs. Lots of people put it on their arm, but then get ticked when the band slides off the arm of their jacket and band and pass disappear forever. $50 replacement cost for that stunt too. :rolleyes:

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We're still on the visual system, so it goes in a pouch band on our legs. Lots of people put it on their arm, but then get ticked when the band slides off the arm of their jacket and band and pass disappear forever. $50 replacement cost for that stunt too. :rolleyes:

That's a good idea. Do you use an armband pouch on your leg or is there a special leg version?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nope, same pouch. We just slide it on before putting our boots on. It nestles nicely just under the knee.

Jilly

Staff member
That's nasty VG. You make those poor scanners bend down to scan your pass!!! :eyebrows: (Sorry slidergirl, just had too!)

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ha, I'm still in my pants after skiing today ... here is a self-portrait of pinto sitting on her bed with laptop in skipants ... lift passes on pants pocket. I either put the pass into the pocket (if I won't be scanned for a while), or tuck it up under my coat so it's easy to access next ride.

IMG_4804.jpg

PNWSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I keep my RFID pass in an upper pocket of my jacket. The opposite side from my ipod b/c they don't like each other. Cell has to stay away as well. It is so much easier than having to keep it handy.

When we ski Whistler, I have a flip pocket on the cuff of my jacket(LOVE IT). Now that I know better, I will cut out a spot of the clear plastic for easier scanning.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Just visual checks (no scanning) where I ski, so the pass is in a flip-down pass holder at my jacket hem (visible in avatar). Nice, because it has velcro on the back and can be easily tucked up under the powder skirt, even with mittens on. I generally leave it down because we are visually pass-checked at each lift.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's nasty VG. You make those poor scanners bend down to scan your pass!!! :eyebrows: (Sorry slidergirl, just had too!)

Yep, it's people like her that make my back ache at the end of the day :wink: Just kidding.

The ones that get me are the racer kids who put their tickets on a boot buckle. I know they don't have any other place to put the tic (other than putting it around their necks, tucked in their speed suits). Fortunately, I only get those on the days that I'm scanning at the race arena lift. I'll scan each kid once, then let them go after that. It sure does do a number on my back, though...

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At my hill, we take the pass to the lift ticket counter and get a lift ticket each day, so I just stow the pass in my [pants, right side] pocket.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna