• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

"When you and your boyfriend have the same hobby at different levels" videos

Saraski

Diva in Training
I see these all the time on instagram and it's always the boyfriend is an advanced/expert skier and the girlfriend is a beginner. I will not know peace until someone makes and posts one where the girlfriend kicks ass and the boyfriend sucks. Thanks.*

* I cannot personally participate because I am a single lesbian so someone else has to take this on.

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I don’t have it on video but saw a couple in some challenging terrain (Waterfall area at Wolf Creek) last spring where she was obviously comfortable and he was in a bit over his head. I was skiing with my kids and called out saying “Are you alright, honey?” to my daughter. To which he replied he was okay and his significant other said “I don’t think she was asking you.” We all had a good laugh over it!

Tennessee

Angel Diva
Love the Subaru commercials where she’s the expert teaching him to rock climb and rappel. They’re very well done. It’s pretty funny when he asks her “is that a BUFFALO?” And she gently and smilingly says “honey, that’s a cow”. I appreciate the twist on the normal roles — even though I still don’t like Subaru cars :wink: They are supporting some good causes and their marketing is fantastic imo, I will give them that.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well there is this one:
Except that Elyse's hubby Cody is one seriously amazing skier. I appreciate that he acted the lesser skier for the sake of the ad. This video shows the line that made him a big name which he already was. Cody Townsend instagram

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
These videos have been driving me nuts too!! They're all over the place right now; I'll keep my eyes out for a counterexample.

In the meantime, I always liked this video from 6 (!!) years ago:

Omigod, Rachel, I'd never seen that before. Love it!

Christy

Angel Diva
Subaru always has the best commercials. The dog ones--with the dad dog that ogles the poodle and mom growls at him, or the dad driving the puppy around in the car so it won't cry--those are the best.

I did not know this was a thing. That's disturbing. Do these women need a Barbie-style deprogramming?

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I see these all the time on instagram and it's always the boyfriend is an advanced/expert skier and the girlfriend is a beginner. I will not know peace until someone makes and posts one where the girlfriend kicks ass and the boyfriend sucks. Thanks.*

* I cannot personally participate because I am a single lesbian so someone else has to take this on.
I'll ask my ass kicking niece. She is not even 5 foot tall. She grew up in JH. Her bf is an athlete but just learning. BTW he is 6'5. Lol

Jerez

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gradaughter raced in HS and Uni. She def. kicks a$$. Her DH was a big time college athlete but is certainly just a beginner skier. I outski my DH too. I think women have less of a need to outshine or for oneupsmanship and would be sensitive to not embarrassing theor partner. So that's probably why you do not see those videos.

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, this trend has been bothering me so much!
I think women have less of a need to outshine or for oneupsmanship and would be sensitive to not embarrassing theor partner. So that's probably why you do not see those videos.
I'd love to see one where the couple are just roughly equals on the mountain?

T Mat

Diva in Training
These videos have been driving me nuts too!! They're all over the place right now; I'll keep my eyes out for a counterexample.

In the meantime, I always liked this video from 6 (!!) years ago:

I had forgotten this video, thanks for the refresh! It was part of the Banff film festival. My partner came home from watching that night and went "I have a video for you!! You'll love it!" It's still so great.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna