• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When will the first snowflakes fall?

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@badger , I was thinking of you with this recent snowfall. Yeay!

Yeah I am a little jealous of all the powder out west. However, I reeled it in because we had a great winter last year so you guys deserve it. Please take lots of turns for us and maybe a picture or two :smile:

I've already scratched my plans for next weekend but fingers, toes and everything else is crossed that things turn around by thanksgiving. Tomorrow here temps will be down to the 60s and 50s next week...... We had this happen last year where we warmed up in November and them bam hello winter.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know it's snowing everywhere, but it's just so nice to see all that new snow that I have to post. Crystal today:

858076_10151300960665233_38218902_o.jpg

@ Christy You should know that this is now my current desktop!! And it's certainly not the first time I have "captured" your photos for my own use!:tongue:

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
So happy for our Divas out West who are getting dumped on. So sorry for all of us East Coasters dealing with 70-degree+ temps. If things don't turn around quickly, looks like Thanksgiving turns are out.

This. :hurt:

Christy

Angel Diva
@badger I can't take credit! That's from their FB page. And-AND I think it wasn't from yesterday. Crystal made it their new cover photo but didn't actually say when it was from, and though we've gotten a healthy amount of snow lately, that looks a little too snowy.

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So far November has been very warm, I was away and when I flew back yesterday I saw very little snow on the Alps. Valleys are all green. My friends spent a day on a beach yesterday. Obviously no skiing yet, only on glaciers. Verbier planned to open for weekends on the 31st, but the storm they expected tracked further south, so instead of needed 40 cm, only 15 fell. Oh well, still 3 weeks till official opening, and honestly I take December snow over November snow any day. Still would be nice to see temperatures dropping. October was definitely colder. Even second half of September was much colder than it is now....

SheSki

Certified Ski Diva
I went to mammoth sat./sun. and the conditions were pretty great for opening weekend. Found plenty of powder and most of the trails were rock free. More snow on the way today! Saturday night we saw a magic comet that delivered snowdust across the Sierras so I know we are going to have an epic year. The news said the mysterious light was a missile the navy shot off the coast but I know it was a magic snow comet.

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
My local mountain has an app. This morning I got a notification from the app that they started snowmaking. (I actually got like 15 notifications at once).

But then I go look at the webcam and nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Zip. Nothing. :frusty:

I guess something wasn't working with regard to the push notifications on the app, it finally got fixed and now, all the old notifications got pushed through.

Such a TEASE!!!!!:doh:

Don't play with my emotions like that! :nono:

Then last night I came across this article on FB. At first I thought they meant it 'bodes ill for the Northeast' as in, 'we won't get that much snow.' :cry:

Obviously myself and the folks that wrote the article have VERY different ideas about what "bodes ill" for the Northeast in winter....:rolleyes:

Christy

Angel Diva
Such a relief! It sounds like many of the BC resorts are opening a little early; Sun Valley looks great; snow levels rose here yesterday so we got some rain in the mountains, but it's turned back to snow again and everyone seems to think they're on track for opening by Thanksgiving.

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
Was up at my mountain yesterday. It was only 34F and there are been a dusting of snow overnight. That left a thin, white coating on the upper mountain. Unfortunately, the rest of this week and into next, the overnight low is not forecasted to get below freezing. So no snow making. We're definitely not opening the weekend after Thanksgiving. I'm not evens sure we'll be open by the first weekend of December..:frusty::frusty::frusty:

Western Mass is expecting snow/rain this sunday so I hope this is a step in the right direction. Temps in southern vermont by the week of November 21st look like they'll be in the 20s at night so fingers crossed that says so they can open for thanksgiving.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna