• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When do we go from post-season to pre?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I just planned a trip for next season. And a couple weeks ago I bought a pair of ski pants at a Patagonia Outlet.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have officially started saving up for Big Sky, and am checking Alta's website daily for season pass prices. I may not hate summer the way I did last year, but my post-season still lasted all of three months.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have officially started saving up for Big Sky, and am checking Alta's website daily for season pass prices. I may not hate summer the way I did last year, but my post-season still lasted all of three months.

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now! (or maybe even a couple of weeks ago). So far (well - in fact since the beginning of June) I have:
1. Advised a friend on new skis for next year (Nordica Spitfires)
2. Discussed a pre season trip to Hochgurgl in Austria for 5th-8th December with the same friend;
3. Talked about going to Japan with another friend;
4. Emailed the much beloved with the details of a property for sale in the 3 vallees [:embarrassed:I never stop browsing details of properties for sale].

5. Visited theskidiva.com and posted my first entry for the pre rather than post season-i.e.this one!

Love being "over the hump"

Thought currently getting my kicks from the Olympics.... :bounce:.
Aren't we Brits just so cool???
Perty

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Ran into Rod Roy today (founder of the ski school I teach for) who says the plan is to go to Zermatt next March. I'm definitely in pre-season mode – plus I've expressed interest in dloveski's post about Chile in summer 2013. (Don't know if the latter counts as post-2012 or pre-2013 season!) Also, a friend/neighbour who works at a local ski shop that closes for the summer is back at work. So that's a sign the pre-season is well under way.

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
1,001 now, technically. :smile:

And Rod Roy is still skiing? He must be getting on in years by now, no? Hasn't his school been around since the 70s? Inspiring!

As for Chile counting as either pre- or post-season, I suppose if you can switch hemispheres, you could technically always be IN season. It's like how it's always 5pm somewhere...

mustski

Angel Diva
Ran into Rod Roy today (founder of the ski school I teach for) who says the plan is to go to Zermatt next March. I'm definitely in pre-season mode – plus I've expressed interest in dloveski's post about Chile in summer 2013. (Don't know if the latter counts as post-2012 or pre-2013 season!) Also, a friend/neighbour who works at a local ski shop that closes for the summer is back at work. So that's a sign the pre-season is well under way.
I learned to ski with Rod Roy ski club. I jumped on a bus in Dollard every Saturday (during the season) from 1973 to 1976. Great memories for me!

Jilly

Staff member
I've been with SkiBam and skied with Rod Roy. Also one of the ski shop at Tremblant runs trips to Chile. They are posting pics on FB. I also saw a FB post from Ski Connexions about getting ready to leave to NZ! Might be an idea to take my CSIA 3 down under.

I still have paddling to do, but I did pull out my big Salomon boot bag back pack to use this weekend,

Ski mags should be out next week, Ski Canada is always the first the September.

Christy

Angel Diva
I was backpacking last weekend and we met a guy with skis and boots coming down. He'd hiked and scrambled way up past where we were stopping, and he skied back down. I guess it's still his season! I found his photos on a local climber's website.

P1030293.JPG

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okemo announced 3 new glade trails and that it was 108 days till opening this morning. Time to start conditioning!:wink:

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I learned to ski with Rod Roy ski club.

Gosh, I must tell Rod he's known among the Divas. His sons pretty much run the ski school now, but Rod and his wife are still at Tremblant regularly. They've had some health issues (both are mid-70s), but I was so happy to see they seem to be in top form at the moment.

Even though I consider myself very much pre-season, I still have my major summer event: Canmas (Canadian Masters Canoe Kayak championships) in Halifax at the end of August. I counted the times I've been out paddling (kayak, C4 and war canoe) since May, and think it comes to around 24. I've decided that I've pretty much trained as much as I can for the event and am going visiting friends and family in Ontario for 10 days. Don't want to overtrain (ha ha!).

mustski

Angel Diva
Gosh, I must tell Rod he's known among the Divas. His sons pretty much run the ski school now, but Rod and his wife are still at Tremblant regularly. They've had some health issues (both are mid-70s), but I was so happy to see they seem to be in top form at the moment.

Even though I consider myself very much pre-season, I still have my major summer event: Canmas (Canadian Masters Canoe Kayak championships) in Halifax at the end of August. I counted the times I've been out paddling (kayak, C4 and war canoe) since May, and think it comes to around 24. I've decided that I've pretty much trained as much as I can for the event and am going visiting friends and family in Ontario for 10 days. Don't want to overtrain (ha ha!).
I know it's off topic ... bear with me ladies for one brief moment.
SkiBam, ask Doug Roy if he remembers Colin Perry from the Rod Roy 70's days. That is my brother and I believe he and Doug used to ski together.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for mentioning pre-season. I'm not buying any new gear, got lots of new stuff last year. Season passes are ordered and will be fully paid in early Sept. Pre-season for me means fitness training and I plan to follow the training guidelines in Chris Fellows "Total Skiing". Since I'm hoping our season starts mid-Oct I'm already 2 weeks late for strength training. For cardio I just completed 2 weeks of bike touring in Wisconsin, 11 days of riding, mostly hilly terrain, 480 miles in all. Since I'm over 1,600 miles since April I think I've got the cardio covered. I'm just hoping the cranky SI joint tolerates strength workouts.
Can't believe the winter season will soon be here.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What I do for my cranky SI joints: stretch my hip rotators and glutes, and work on anything that strengthens the deep abdominals without putting stress on the joint. One effective but lazy stretch involves lying on my back, holding my left knee in my left hand and my ankle with my right, and pulling the knee up toward the point of my left shoulder without letting my butt leave the floor until I feel a stretch from under my sit bones. From there I gently pull the knee & foot across my body (being sure to support my knee with my hand) to get a deep stretch of the rotators. It seems like my SI joints (mine take turns) act up the most when my hips are tight.

Maybe that'll help, maybe not. There are a lot of healthy back books in the library, and they'll give you good tools to keep those pesky joints from interfering with your fun.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga