• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's your poison? Er...powder ski of choice?

B

B.E.G.

Lots of talk lately on pow skis - so what do you ski (or want to ski) and why? What other powder skis have you tried?

And pics are welcome too!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ALL of them....so many pow skis, so little time. and perhaps (ahem) money constraints too.

socalskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm 5'2, 130 and ski the Atomic Century 156. I LOVE THEM. I skied Mammoth last weekend in 5 feet of pow and they were fantastic. They handled like a gem. I haven't written a full review of them, but I just can't even say how much I love them. They give me confidence and haul down the mountain.

Last week they floated and cut through fresh and tracked out powder. Run after run, they delivered so much fun, and pushed me to venture into tough steeps and some trees. They have really accelerated my development as a skier (since this is only be second season back after skiing as a child). Even on groomed runs, they are great, as long as it's not too icy. They don't hold an edge too well on super hard stuff.

I know you're moving to Tahoe next season, so they'd be a GREAT ski for you. I've skied them ALL season and NEVER gone back to my K2 True Luvs this season (I'm planning to sell them and upgrade to a narrower all mountain). The Centuries managed all conditions and have no problem being my go-to ski this season. I couldn't recommend them more. The only thing I would say is that I'm very happy I went with the 156 since I use them in such a variety of conditions. BUT, if these were ONLY a powder ski, I would probably ski the 166. I could've used that extra 10cm last weekend in the deep deep snow. But otherwise, I'm 100% satisfied.

B

B.E.G.

Dloveski - I hear ya! Btw, I might have mentioned this before - love your signature! (My other expensive hobby is gemology :D)

Socalskier - I am totally wanting the Century. Heard so many great things, plus they look pretty rad. If only I can FIND them at a decent price! I'm glad you mentioned the length thing - I was just talking about that on my other thread about finding the Century in a 146 (way too short). I wasn't sure if 156 was the best option, or if I wanted to go even longer to 166, which seems SO long to me (but this would be a quiver addition since I would still ski my Kenjas). I want some powder skis! :bounce:

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I want to try the Centuries---I hear they are awesome not just for powder but for all terrain. I'm on the hunt for some to try.

I do love my LOGIKS, so it's not a repudiation of these lovely and awesome skis. It's just that I'm greedy and curious.

Don't go too short with these fats---I know length is an individual preference, but for float, error on the longer side of your usual front-side length.

altagirl

Staff member
I've been very happy with my BD Justices, but would like to add a set of Megawatts for next year for extra deep days or when the snow is heavier.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DPS Yvette 112RP 168cm
Un-freakin'-believable in Sierra Powder!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Still old skool here with the non-rockered Kiku (106) and Sumo (125).

Was hoping to try some rockers on this trip, but nobody seems to have anything between 162 and 190 left.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Love my Auras, but man, I want to try those Centuries, too. Kicking myself that I didn't at the industry demo days. What I like about the Auras, though, is that they can take you through anything -- powder, hardpack (i.e. ice), crud, spring conditions, you name it.

I did try the Rossi S110's at Steamboat. VERY nice in powder.

Kim Kircher

Certified Ski Diva
I have a pair of Salomon S7s, which are great for powder. Unlike the Pontoons, which are good ONLY in pow, the S7s are a little more versatile, able to hold their own on more packed snow. While they won't win any slalom races or anything, they still have a nice feel. These skis run a bit short (so go longer). I'm 6' tall and I ski the 176s.

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't have a powder ski as I don't get enough pure powder days but I ski a Rossi S3 any day the snow is soft. I would like to try the S7 as I like the S3 so much, would also like to try the Blizzard Crush but Blizzard skis don't seem to be so widely available in Europe.

I haven't tried many other fatter skis but my Boyfriend has a pair of Icelantic Shamen which he has let me ski ( very occasionally :smile: ) and they are pretty fun. I also got to demo a pair of Whitedot Preachers which were great fun also and much more versatile than their size would suggest ( around 110 underfoot and I skied the 180cm). Whitedot are a fairly new British ski company and they have been doing lots of demos in Scotland which was pretty cool.

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm hoping to demo some powder skis in actual powder this week. :smile: I'll let you know! :eyebrows:

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Black Diamond Megawatts - best deep pow ski I've been on that is still manageable in bounds (traversing, groomed runs, etc). I daresay it's even better than the Rossi S110s! Love the flat stiff tail. I've heard next year's model is going to be even better. Yummy!

The DPS skis look amazing as a pow-only backcountry ski, but I can't believe that they could hold their own in a resort all day as the pow gets cut up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga