• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What resorts should I go to on my trip?

Chaelynh

Diva in Training
My husband and I will be staying in Breckenridge for a week mid February. We will have 5 days of skiing. Since we're in Breck we'll probably go there the most. I like groomers and he likes trees. Any suggestions for the best of both? We have epic passes for 4 days so definitely 4 days at those resorts and 1 day somewhere near Breck. We've been to Keystone, Vail, and Breck before. What else should we try?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A Basin is on your pass - it has groomers (steep, even the greens) and trees, and is a more local vibe. No hotels.

Loveland is not on your pass, but is a very cheap lift ticket ($65?), also plenty of groomers and trees. Even more of a local vibe. No crowds, which is a nice change from the epic pass resorts. It has some blue groomers that are very high up and give you a nice long run. Also wind exposed, so bundle up!

Beaver Creek is in the opposite vein - on your pass, super luxe, lower altitude so typically a couple of degrees warmer. Known for their grooming. There are some *really good* tree areas - especially if he's comfortable with double black trees. Royal Elk Glades. Stone Creek Chutes must be amazing this season with all the snow. Tons of aspen glades all over the place. And no one skis the trees at Beaver Creek!

So actually, in terms of trees and groomers both, Beaver Creek will be your cheapest (if it's not on a blackout day) and also a very good fit for your criteria.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
sounds like FUN!! I will note go to A Basin on a sunny day.. no trees so it's VERY white on cloudy snowy days one of the few times I've had vertigo..
Yes to Beaver Creek and perhaps Copper Mt? Or

Also a small Mt is Cooper Mt. the 10th Mt Division trained there. https://skicooper.com/ trees, bowls and no lift lines

especially if you're going during a busy time..

Chaelynh

Diva in Training
Awesome @nopoleskier! Thank you! Forgot we were bringing Fido, so we will only be travelling to one resort besides Breck to stay close. Now we just have to choose and there are so many great options!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awesome @nopoleskier! Thank you! Forgot we were bringing Fido, so we will only be travelling to one resort besides Breck to stay close. Now we just have to choose and there are so many great options!
Make sure your condo allows pets. Many do not permit renters to bring pets.

Skier31

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

There is the "dog house" day care in Breck. I take my dog there if I go from Breck to Vail or Beaver Creek if snow is forecasted. Just in case!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna