• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What Happened to the Renoun Earhart 88?

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I didn't get to ski them much last year b/c of injury and conditions, but Renoun doesn't seem to be making them any longer. Anyone in the know re what happened?

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I was just coming to ask this. I have a pair and wanted to go up a size, and give my daughter my existing ones. But I don’t see them!?!?!? One pair of factory blemished 177s left. :(

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Ohhhhhh, interesting! Somehow (See also: very busy summer and fall) missed this completely.

mustski

Angel Diva
I think they moved away from gender specific skis to unisex. I wonder how the Endurance 88 compares to the Earhart 88. @SnowHot any info?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think they moved away from gender specific skis to unisex. I wonder how the Endurance 88 compares to the Earhart 88. @SnowHot any info?
Similar construction and yeah... Renoun has been having issues getting enough skis built so it made sense to drop some of the skis that never really gained traction.
The Earhart was a nice ski but they never really got the sales they had hoped.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I believe that Renoun was bought out by another company so we will need to wait and ski what is next
And yes Cyrus sold but he's still working for them and they are still a small brand.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And yes Cyrus sold but he's still working for them and they are still a small brand.
I'm out of touch since I'm not skiing this season (maybe March ....). I wondered why my inbox was flooded with Renoun emails! And my FB feed. Didn't know they'd been sold.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm out of touch since I'm not skiing this season (maybe March ....). I wondered why my inbox was flooded with Renoun emails! And my FB feed. Didn't know they'd been sold

Cyrus originally used HDT, not called Vibestop™ in his ski construction but he always wanted to use his patent to improve dampening in other products like tennis rackets, gym flooring, etc.
Here is the thread discussing it on our site.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Thanks @SnowHot …. Interesting discussion.

Personally, I love my Earharts and I’m a little sad that I promised my daughter she could have them if she wanted. :noidea:

But on the other hand, I bet if I told her she could pick out new skis she’d be on board… :ski:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks @SnowHot …. Interesting discussion.

Personally, I love my Earharts and I’m a little sad that I promised my daughter she could have them if she wanted. :noidea:

But on the other hand, I bet if I told her she could pick out new skis she’d be on board… :ski:
Maybe reach out to them on their ski finder chat. Let them know you're a fan of the earhart and see if they have a blemish or something they'll get to you.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Good idea… I did chat with them last week. Including ALL the inventory, they have MY ski length (163, which works surprisingly well) and a 177, but in blue and I reallllllly wanted the beet in a 170… trying to decide if it’s worth it to get the 177 in blue. My daughter would ski the 163…but she’ll be a teen skiing the EXACT same ski as her mom, which might be a nonstarter.

But also, like a REALLLLLLY NICE SKI for a friggin teenager.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm looking to get another ski close to my Renoun Z90s and was told the Endurance 88 is the closest so I'd chosen to grab those over earheart. I have been told that's a nice ski tho so I'm sorry some have been issues getting them.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I may have a pair of Earhart 88's for sale. I have to double check the length, but somewhere in the 158-163 range. VERY lightly used. Let me know if interested.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga