• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What does a Diva drive?

Anna

Angel Diva
Just swapped my 1999 Outback for a 2007 Forester :smile: :smile: :smile:

Need to get roof racks and want advice on them now ....

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Do you have just rails or crossbars? I've got an '11, no crossbars, just put a "free-standing" (for lack of better term) rack on mine, will repost with mfr (got it on Steep and Cheap, for another vehicle, actually, but works with vehicles that don't have crossbars, only roof rails). Yakima makes one as well, check their website for the all-in-one if you're not into the whole major crossbar set-up.

My son has similar on his and reports that it is useful/functional.

And...
We need a Subaru-Love thread.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Just swapped my 1999 Outback for a 2007 Forester :smile: :smile: :smile:

I am a big fan of Yakima for the following reasons:
-very well designed, easy to install and add things onto, very well engineered,interchangeable parts, super user friendly website and customer service...

We have one rack we've had for over 20 years. The bars are finally starting to rust out. I have more parts that have been transferred from car to car to car. I love the lock system, one key for all the components. What's not to love?

You can go to the website and type in what your car is, and it will spit out the rack options depending if you are working with a factory rack or you need towers. Then you just go from there. It's good stuff.

I think someone said that CL is a good place to look for racks, too.

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now that I'm back in ski country I am missing my Volvo XC90. I sold it to fund my travels. Now it is being driven by a friend of mine, would it be unreasonable to ask for it back on a temporary basis? :laughter:

For me it was the perfect Ski Diva car, it never missed a beat or a step. I will admit that it was rather large, an over adjustment on my part to the fact that my UK car is rather tiny.

My UK car is so very very British. A two seater sports car with a soft top (there are a few good days each summer), my MGF is in the brightest yellow you can imagine. The boot will fit a very small overnight bag and nothing more. But it drives so well, with clutch pedal, and steering wheel on the other side. Rear wheel drive and little ground clearance it is not a car you can use for skiing.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://www.aronline.co.uk/images/mgf_07.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.aronline.co.uk/mgff.htm&usg=__jOdwR_e9sIzyeshWVP4586Zz0jI=&h=374&w=600&sz=26&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=0vlOwt5Sni7dRM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=170&ei=aoJHTfSZE4ausAP-vb3lAQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmgf%2Btrophy%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26rlz%3D1G1GGLQ_ENGB417%26biw%3D1265%26bih%3D680%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=110&vpy=81&dur=2515&hovh=177&hovw=284&tx=160&ty=115&oei=aoJHTfSZE4ausAP-vb3lAQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

zoomchick

Certified Ski Diva
Around town: 2009 Prius
Longer trips: 2003 BMW 530
Work truck which sits around until we need 4wd or lugging stuff: 1998 Ford Expedition

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
@ Anna - here is link to what I have, got it on Steep & Cheap awhile back for a crazy price:
https://www.amazon.com/Inno-High-Type-Snowboard-Rack/dp/B002TTGR4I/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1296693807&sr=8-6
Similar, more expensive, Thule:
https://www.amazon.com/Thule-5401-SnowCat/dp/B002UC8KYY/ref=pd_sbs_sg_1

These are ski/snowboard only, not component racks that allow interchanging for other mountings. If you are looking just for a ski rack without having to go with the whole cross bar set-up, these work well. (I just don't like the cross bar "look" and have no need for carrying other stuff on top of my vehicles.)

Anna

Angel Diva
MSL: Thank you!
I will hunt them down this week.
Nah - no need for me to change over racks during the year :smile:
Kinda like BRAGGING that I am a SNOW CHICK all year round :smile:

snowdrift

Diva in Training
2000 Subaru Legacy L (sedan)... I really need a new car, but I kind of partial to this one :smile: Thinking about a Toyota Rav4 with 3rd row option seating... that may come in handy when dragging a couple extra kids around.

ChgoSkier

Certified Ski Diva
Love the German engineering. I drive a 2011 Audi A4 Sedan. My previous (and beloved) A4 lasted for 10 years before I had to grudingly get a new one. If I lived in an area where an SUV would be more suitable for day-to-day driving, I would get a Subaru Forester. My boyfriend has a black 2005 and a friend has a marine pearl blue (gorgeous color) 2010. They have nothing but praise for the Forester.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
1995 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible . . . .love the car, but it is a real challenge fitting skis in there. You have to put them in diagonally with the tails on the drivers side back seat and the tips then take up the entire passenger front seat. And forget it if they are not in a ski bag-- they fall all over the place.
Am starting to think about a new car and it will either be another convertible (Chrysler 200) or a Jeep Liberty with sky slider roof (sun roof on steroids). Would love the better cargo room on the Liberty, but am not sure I can give up having a convertible.

1Koolemom

Certified Ski Diva
I drive my 05 Ford Explorer XLT & if several times I was lucky to rent skis & snowboards from the Military Base 1 day ahead for less for myself & 3 kids but that was a nightmare overstuffed & the 14 & 16 y/o complained they touched each other by sitting on same seat behind me so last several times we rented ski gear @ shop by hotel @ Keystone. I am looking for ski gear for all & the carriers to start coming down on prices so I can purchase for 4 for next year if not w/in the remainder of ski season.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I drive my 05 Ford Explorer XLT & if several times I was lucky to rent skis & snowboards from the Military Base 1 day ahead for less for myself & 3 kids but that was a nightmare overstuffed & the 14 & 16 y/o complained they touched each other by sitting on same seat behind me so last several times we rented ski gear @ shop by hotel @ Keystone. I am looking for ski gear for all & the carriers to start coming down on prices so I can purchase for 4 for next year if not w/in the remainder of ski season.

Oh good lord. Tell them they can walk to the ski hill if they aren't happy with the arrangements. Do they know how lucky they are they have a mom that will take them skiing?

I can say this because we had Explorers froom 93 until last fall and I have two sons that used to do the "he's breathing on me" and "he's looking out my window thing".

Tvan

Angel Diva
We need a Subaru-Love thread.

I drive a 2008 Forrester and love the car. My husband drives a 2006 Legacy sedan which is also good in snow. The Forrester is our ski car, however, because of the space and ski racks. We use Thule brackets that attach directly to the Subaru crossbars.

mahgnillig

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I drive this when it snows:

newtyres3.jpg

And this when the weather's nice:

9426_1037929165197_1734558329_75415_6442354_n.jpg

For all the in between stuff, I have a Prius :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members