• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are the best skis you've ever owned?

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rossi S7 (2013) - first fat skis, bought one pair second-hand (the graffiti graphic topsheet) and they were so good I bought a pair of the pink lady topsheet as well. At one point you could buy a pair for less than $200 CAD so my husband has a pair too. Just such a versatile ski, holds an edge surprising well for a fat ski, nimble, fun in powder and on groomers.
Armada JJ 2.0 (2016) - the most fun ski, I bought them because my husband wanted them but they were only available in my size. A JJ day is always a good day. :smile:

LauraVa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
2013 Blizzard Samba-so dependable, stable, like a tank, but still fun
2020 Nordica Santa Ana 88-perfection, love these skis!

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stockli Laser AX and Kastle MX Limited are THE best skis I have ever owned. Dependable, quick and fun. Love them!!

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
so, my first fun pair was K2 Burnin Luv- I felt like I owned the mountain and they took my skiing to the next level. Last year I bought the Volkl Kenja (I think 2019 model) and first morning was like, hmmm, not sure about this because they felt SO different..by the end of the day, I was in love. I brought the K2 burnin home as a ski that I could take for an impromptu ski day..and that happened yesterday when I took a day trip to hunter. I skied the Burnin and was like, What the heck is wrong with this ski! I did not feel right on it at all, Is it normal to feel so different on a ski that you loved, once you get to like a different ski?

With that in mind, I have been reading about the Santa Ana ski and Santa was just telling me he has nothing for me and that I should get new skis...so, I've been reading about Santa Ana and torn between the widths (and length). I think my Kenja is 90 waisted. I kinda love it.

Maybe this should be another post, but what Santa Ana would you recommend for a good all mountain. Mostly skiing the icy east, but id take it west also. 5'7ish, hover 135ish, K2s were a 156, Völkl is a 163, but I did ski a 170 Völkl cosmo last week when we got some snow and felt ok on that.

teppaz

Angel Diva
I have a sentimental attachment to the Dynastar Omeglass I had in high school in the early 80s (still in my mom's garage).

I've moved on to the Salomon QST 99 but I can't part with my 2013 Line Prophet 98s. A breakthrough ski that gave me the nerve to expand the range of terrain I could ski. Very confidence-building.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Santa seems to like bringing things with his name in it. Last year he brought me the Santa Ana 88. I'm 5'4", around 155, and he brought me the 165 since that is what I had demoed and loved. I had wanted to try the 158 as well, but didn't have a chance to and figured that If I loved the 165 both times I demoed it, then just go for it. I love them. On truly icy days I will pull out my Atomic Vantage X80cti instead, but the SA 88 is a great all mountain ski.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
there is a Santa Ana 177 leftover that I was looking at. I wonder is 177 is too much ski. So, you love the 88. Did you try the 93?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't tried the 93 yet, but there are several on here that love it. When I last demoed a year ago, I tried a few wider skis, but didn't find anything I liked that was over 88. Maybe if I skied more out west it would be different, but for New England I prefer 88 and under.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
From a quick look, there are some SA 88 in 172 floating around still too (Utahskigear, Eriks bike board and ski) Even a proto version (different graphic) that I was searching for last year is for sale on sidelineswap in 172 with bindings.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
From a quick look, there are some SA 88 in 172 floating around still too (Utahskigear, Eriks bike board and ski) Even a proto version (different graphic) that I was searching for last year is for sale on sidelineswap in 172 with bindings.
Thank you!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm pretty attached to my Stöckli Stormrider 85 skis. Only skis that I bought for the discount price after demo'ing for two days. Have been using them for almost three full seasons in all types of snow conditions out west from relatively hard groomers to 15 inches of fluffy powder, with plenty of bumps and trees now that I can enjoy that type of terrain. Recently treated the bases with Phantom so fully intend to keep skiing them for quite a few more years.

I liked my first all-mountain skis I bought in late season 2010 after demo'ing them for a few days at a Diva clinic. The Rossi Attraxion 8 Echo 154cm had a wide shovel (127/75/108), so was decent in fresh snow. Moved away from them as I started to ski more days at big mountains out west. Was happy with another Diva in the southeast was interested in them as rock skis since I wasn't using them much after getting a pair of wider skis.

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
1. Rossi Strato (mid 1970s) - My first "new ski" at age 16. A Junior ski, since I was light at 5'5 112. Loved it.
2. Olin model? "all mountain" (early 1990s) - Up to 120 lbs. Bought a demo pair with demo bindings at end of season at the Gondola at Stowe. Something radical . . . a women's ski!!! Imagine that! I think 165. Loved it.
3. Nordica Wild Belle 2013, 84/154 - Up to 132 lbs. Hands down winner in a demo season over Black Pearl (chatter), Yumi (too soft), Kastle (low 80s - no pop, no fun), Kenja (too heavy). Did like Dynastar Chamonix, and a Rossi Experience. I am advanced skier, mostly New England w occasional trips out West. I like bumps and trees despite my aging knees. I really should be on a longer ski, but I don't ski fast and, like I said, I enjoy those bumps and trees. Passed them to my 5'4" daughter, so they are still in the family.
4. Black Pearl 20-21 88/159 - Up to 140 lbs . . . how'd that happen? Bought them today(!!! - Merry Christmas to me) after demoing 20-21 Volkl Secret 92/163 ( very stable at speed on scratchy surface, but no playful pop), 20-21 Santa Ana 88/158 (expected to love these but had chatter at speed like the 2013 Black Pearl, NOT better than my 2013 Wild Belles). I demo'd BP 88/159 last, since I read they've changed over the years. They certainly did!!! Loved them. Felt like they are attached to my legs, stable (no chatter at speed) with good hold on ice, lots of playful pop. Tiny bit wider and longer than my beloved Wild Belles, which will be good for trips out West when COVID is better controlled.
So favorite skis and a demo report all in one!!!

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
Now that I read again, I think the Gondola with the demo station at mid mountain where I got my Olins was Killington, not Stowe. My memory ain't what it was, but my skiing is holding up pretty good thank goodness!!

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rossi S7 (2013) - first fat skis, bought one pair second-hand (the graffiti graphic topsheet) and they were so good I bought a pair of the pink lady topsheet as well. At one point you could buy a pair for less than $200 CAD so my husband has a pair too. Just such a versatile ski, holds an edge surprising well for a fat ski, nimble, fun in powder and on groomers. :smile:

I love these too! Just skied my pink lady skis today (mine has a custom sticker jacket so she doesn’t look so cold)! My daughter outgrew her boots and grew into mine after our first ski day. So I gave her my alpine boots and have been skiing my old S7s in my old AT boots- trying to decide how much I want to invest in a questionable reservation season - when she will probably need bigger boots by next year anyway - but now I can’t ski my alpine skis while she’s rocking my boots. My husband was rocking the decade old S7s too. They a great rock skis now and the resort needs snow!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna