• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Warms buns, finally!!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I recently ordered some merino wool boy shorts undies on sale. OMG. Soft, comfy, WARM. It's been in the teens here and even wearing them around the house I feel so much warmer!!! They were 1/2 off and I'm wishing I'd gotten more than 2.
Funny note, I found a review of them by one Andrea Murland online, lol.

I also ordered a little merino bralette - can't wait for it to get here too.

I've always worn sport wicking but these are so much nicer....

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love merino underwear! Unfortunately it doesn't stay cold enough for long enough here, so I rarely use it.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I recently ordered some merino wool boy shorts undies on sale. OMG. Soft, comfy, WARM. It's been in the teens here and even wearing them around the house I feel so much warmer!!! They were 1/2 off and I'm wishing I'd gotten more than 2.
Funny note, I found a review of them by one Andrea Murland online, lol.

I also ordered a little merino bralette - can't wait for it to get here too.

I've always worn sport wicking but these are so much nicer....
I have about 5 pairs of Icebreaker merino wool boy shorts and about three of their racerback tanks to go with... love them..

SheSki

Certified Ski Diva
Ahhh, the final frontier- a warm butt. It was the only part of my body that got really cold in -13 conditions at the top of mammoth last weekend. I will be trying these!

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I need some of these, I do suffer from a cold bum. My Skins leggings are a big help, but even so.

You'd think I have enough natural insulation, but no...

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have several Icebreaker wool boyshorts. They're nice and comfy, but sadly I don't notice being any warmer. My cheeks are still blocks of ice when I get back to the condo =/

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well I'm not spending £20 on a pair if they don't work!

If anyone discovers any super bum-warming knickers, I'm all ... er cheeks.

mustski

Angel Diva
It's funny but my butt never gets cold ...hmm ... I must have more padding than the rest of you. My toes and fingers force me inside for a warm up way before my buns even have a chance to recognize that we occasionally have weather in SoCal.

SheSki

Certified Ski Diva
It's funny but my butt never gets cold ...hmm ... I must have more padding than the rest of you. My toes and fingers force me inside for a warm up way before my buns even have a chance to recognize that we occasionally have weather in SoCal.
Um no, I gotta big ole butt (oh yeah) :thumbsup:
I have been reading about brown fat vs. white fat. I wonder if there's something about the blood flow in one vs the other. Of interest, the good(er) fat is brown and it's stimulated by cold.

altagirl

Staff member
I have to say, I'm totally sold on these. Skiing the other day, I hit the restroom and was surprised that my butt was not feeling like an ice cube. There was a noticeable temp difference between my butt covered my the wool boy shorts and thighs that were not.:thumb:

Last edited:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
First day on the slopes....12 degrees!! My butt was so warm and cozy today. I was showing anyone who would listen my new underwear.

LOLOL.

I have done that with my fleece "hot flames" shorts. Hrm. Maybe tomorrow would be a good day for them.. they show nicely through pant vents if I open those.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna