• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 23/24

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The greens actually started kind of soft, but not bad. I quit a little after noon when it got slower but not quite grabby yet.

Heads up for tomorrow, not just warm but also the MIAA races going on.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wish I was available on Thursday, it’s looking like my most likely day to ski this week is Friday. I’d much rather be there on retro day than a race day. The racers should be happy, though, temps are going to drop down to the teens on Thursday night, so I expect Friday morning will be fast and firm.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks like @Divegirl and I headed home at just the right time. They're repairing a huge pothole on 95S shutting off the two right lanes. I got caught up for about 15 minutes in it, but on the news they are saying it maxed at 80 minutes, and is now down to 45. Yikes!

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I found early this morning faster and icier than I was expecting. Expecting a bit softer. The trails that had more sun early softened up nice.

@diymom - My GPS routed me around the pothole crew - couldn't figure out why she kept trying to put me on 128/95N so I ignored her - ended up wandering thru Waltham to rt 20 & back on 128 just before the pothole. Must've been a pretty big pothole. Yes, I use my GPS - traffic and she talks to me periodically - keeps me from zoning out on the drive home.

I will be going Thursday because - I have to check their lost and found - left my brand new helmet behind only worn 3x. Did call Wachusett but not in lost and found yet. Hopefully someone turned it in. :frusty:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My gps asked if I wanted to re-route to save 6 minutes, but I was figuring that by the time I went north to meet up with 93S, traffic would already be building going through Boston and the tunnel and it would end up being more miles for nothing. I'm just glad I didn't dilly dally any longer on my way out, or stop somewhere on the way home.

I have my fingers crossed for your helmet. It should show up by morning.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, Friday does look like the better day, but my pass isn't good then :(
With the 10 day forecast looking the way it is, I'm going to go while I can.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yikes, soooo many shiny ice patches yesterday morning! Look Mom was the worst I found. Frozen marbles/muffins were rough in the morning, too, and deep on lower Conifer. I was grateful to have relatively fresh edges on my skis. I skied with friends who bought 4 hour passes for the day and things got a lot nicer from about 12-1:30. The race on Smith didn’t interfere with our skiing much, with the conditions as they were, we would have skipped it anyway.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Went yesterday, too. Beautiful day. Never attempted Look Mom - way too much ice. No one was skiing Look Mom so I saw a bunch of kids just straight lining it. Challenger was the best followed by Frannie's. Ralph's was all over the place - ice, marbles, fresh man made, some nice places. Green trails had some ice patches but not bad. Skipped the summit. Snow report this morning said they made more snow over night.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was a bit surprised to see they had made snow, they never used to after Feb break. Maybe because of the races this weekend and Weds?

Thursday the greens were what one gentleman in the lift line called "crispy". Both sides had a wide stretch of ice in the middle, paired with very noisy snow the rest of the runs. I felt bad for any beginners taking a first lesson. After a mid morning warm up I decided to swap my skis around for fresh edges. By noon there was a bit of softening at the edges, but at that point I decided I'd rather avoid traffic than continue with good for you conditions. The one up side was that of my Wawa buddies decided that she didn't want to risk the conditions on the blues since she just had cataract surgery, so I had company on the lift all morning.

Currently it is looking like Monday might be the best day this next week, followed by Wednesday.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Slushy morning at Wachusett. As expected, everything started out really soft and got more so as the morning went on. Still decent coverage on the trails I skied today but a few thin spot and rocks. The base area is a mud bog, so unless you don't value your ski bases don't plan to ski between the different lifts using the flat area at the bottom.
Snow started to get a bit sticky around 10:30 I found.
They were filming some sort of movie or something--not sure exactly what. They had Christmas decorations put up on the ticket windows outside near where you walk in and a Christmas tree and there were people directing actors to their marks and telling them where to stand etc. Then later they put up more garland on the Vickery Bowl lift and were getting ready to film over there. It's funny, they were filming at the cider house the last time I was there (last week?) and I kept thinking I was getting in their shot as I was drinking my cider by nobody shooed me away so I guess I was fine!

They will be closed tomorrow to preserve the snow. I think today may have been my last day there this season---it's just getting thin and the weather for tmrw and the weekend certainly will not help them. We need a March miracle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna