• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 23/24

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I saw online over the weekend that the beginner lift was down. Is that back running again?
It was back up and running but both Manadnock (beginner) and Minuteman (mid) were balky at times. There was a huge patch of ice off Minuteman at the top and if you were sitting in the right 2 seats you hit it getting off. People might have been skidding out/falling. The beginner one may still be on the mend from going down friday for the weekend.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Went today and found the conditions similar to what @Divegirl found yesterday. Best of the year so far for me as well. The snow was nice pretty much everywhere. I think I hit everything except I skipped Upper Smith Walton. I even got onto the trails that are off the Vickery Bowl lift--it wasn't running of course but since they leave the trails open anyway and most people don't want to make the effort to get up there they were empty--too bad they are so short though! It was a nice place to work on things without having to think too much about other people coming up behind etc.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Got to Wachusett twice this week and the snow conditions were/are great right now! Tuesday you had to overlook the freezing drizzle coating your goggles, but the snow was really nice. The summit was fogged so I stayed at mid-mountain. Today was more of the same except without the precipitation and a little less fog. It's skiing really well though and I didn't find any ice.

ISpySnow

Diva in Training
Any divas skiing at Wachusett next Saturday (Feb 10)? Looking for companion to ski together for a few runs and/or hang out at the lodge. I am an intermediate/advanced skier that can ski everything in Wachusett.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Back at Wachusett this week. Last week was Waterville - had the same freezing fog/drizzle on Tues as Wachusett did. I looked like a honey-dipped donut when I wrapped up on Tues (short day). Coated in ice head to skis.
Anyways - bluebird morning at Wachusett, high 20s, low 30s. Conditions are probably the best they're going to be unless we get some some more snow. Hit up the summit today. No blacks, just cruised around the blues for awhile and wrapped up back on the lower summit. Best runs where Challenger, Look Mom and surprisingly Conifer and Frannies were pretty good too. Upper and middle Balance Rock were good. Conifer is usually skied off fast. There is snowmaking on Upper Balance Rock but not Middle Balance that i could see. Didn't do lower Balance - had a "caution" sign plopped on it so I skipped it. Hope to be back out on Weds - at least that's my plan.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since I've only been skiing for a couple of hours each time, so far I've been leaving the house after morning rush hour instead of before. Tomorrow I think I'll suck it up and set my alarm to try to find some corduroy. Anyone else planning on being out there?

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since I've only been skiing for a couple of hours each time, so far I've been leaving the house after morning rush hour instead of before. Tomorrow I think I'll suck it up and set my alarm to try to find some corduroy. Anyone else planning on being out there?
I’m planning to go tomorrow. Haven’t been in a couple of weeks (skied in NH last weekend). Let me know if you want to meet up!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm still taking it easy on my knee and sticking to the greens for now, but if you want to ride the chair for a warm up run or grab coffee between runs that would be great.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds great. Happy to warm up on the greens with you. I’ll text you when I get there and all suited up.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As @diymom and @Divegirl know, yesterday’s conditions were iffy. They made a lot of snow earlier this week and it wasn’t fully groomed out. Ralph’s was slow sticky whales followed by a field of ice marbles that gave you a vibration foot massage whether you wanted one or not, rinse and repeat. I’m happy to report that today was 100 times better. Great corduroy this morning that softened up as the day went on. There were patches of hard pack coming up to the surface in the usual scrub spots, but nothing too bad. The wind was enough to bring you to a complete stop at the runout of Conifer, but lift operations weren’t impacted.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
oooh, I had been planning on going on Thursday but had to switch to Killington at the last minute due to having to drive up there and sort out an issue with the shop I got my new skis at. Glad I changed--sounds like I didn't miss much!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any divas skiing at Wachusett next Saturday (Feb 10)? Looking for companion to ski together for a few runs and/or hang out at the lodge. I am an intermediate/advanced skier that can ski everything in Wachusett.
@ISpySnow sorry I didn't respond, but at the time I hadn't gotten my first day in yet, and wasn't sure how things would go (post ACL reconstruction.) Of the Divas I know who ski at Wachusett, I don't think any of us ski there on weekends. I only have the Steel pass this season, so am limited to Mon-Thursday before 4. If you ever plan on skiing there on a weekday let me know!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just perusing the events calendar. Feb 29 is Retro Day. Hmm, I have a vintage jacket, but no vintage pants to go with it.

Be aware also that March 1, 2, and 3 are all race days (Ralph Crowley, Great, and Good), and March 6 is the MA Senior games ski race.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Was at Wachusett this morning. I thought the conditions were good. There were some icy patches on the trails but not bad. It softened up really quickly. I quit around 12:45 when it started to get a bit stickier. Get it while you can!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna